• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slide in truck camper $1200

Rawbrown

NAXJA Forum User
Posting this here because I have used it as my home away from home while towing the jeep wheeling.
Its an 81 Lance camper. needs a full size truck with an 8' bed. 3/4 ton minimum. It weights in the neighborhood of 3000#'s.
It has a working fridge, stove, furnace, and water heater. I removed the AC when I replaced the roof but still have it in the shed.
I replaced the whole roof including the ceiling framework, lights, insulation, outer skin, and roof vents. I replaced it because it leaked badly, but now the roof is water tight. Not sure how dry the camper will stay while traveling. I'm guessing that water will find its way in at hwy speeds.
The furnace will keep you toasty warm when the outside temps are below freezing. And the water heater will give water hot enough to scorch. The fridge does need to be on level ground with sitting for a while or it will stop working. but when running on propane, it can freeze stuff kept in the fridge if you turn it down very low.
I had removed the cheesy 4" thick mattress and managed to shoehorn in a very comfy thick queen size matress. Allways used sheets and its very clean. Also I allways showered before bed cuz I don't like sleeping in filth. The bathroom is whats called a wet bath. sink, shower and toilet all in one. its a tight squeeze and if your much over 6' tall or 300# then use of the toilet might be limited to what you can do standing up. I'm 6' 235# and I fit, so I consider myself to be nearing the upper limits.
The stove works and it has an oven thats about big enough to bake cookies and thats it. but I think the oven has a bad thermostat cuz you have to keep re-lighting it. I made brownies once and it took 2 hours to bake.
It has 4 decent camper jacks that do manage to raise and lower it but I'm a little skeptical about leaving it in the raised position. I don't trust the jacks so I stack bricks for support.

Its not the prettiest thing around but for $1200 bucks, its warm, dry and cozy with a hot shower and a warm meal. I'm selling it because I'm in a financial bind.
pics here
http://rawbrown.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=3119
let me know if you have any questions and I can answer them.
Ryan Brown
760-505-9924

$1000 bucks...

Back