• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skwirl's build

Skwirl

NAXJA Forum User
photo1_zps40b09311.jpg
Okay well I dont have too many photos but here is the list of parts and work done thus far in the past week:

Cut out fender flares, install notch customs flares, install rusty's quarter guards & rocker guards, OMF bumpers, fabricated new driver floorpan, carpet, weathertech floor mats throughout, corbeau baja rs vinyl seat, blower motor resistor and upol raptor bedliner spray........Not bad for a weeks worth I reckon.

I also have the Clayton 6.5" 3 link sitting in garage, waiting to be installed on round two.

20140319_162006_zps2842f751.jpg

photo2_zps123741dc.jpg

photo3_zpsc2dfb933.jpg

photo4_zps38c6cb72.jpg

photo6_zps74a1542d.jpg

photo5_zps6b49bee5.jpg

photo7_zps37145296.jpg

Okay, well I half way learned how to post pictures, so thats a start!

I know this is beginning to look alot like the bushwacker jeep but its red and I needed to cover some minor body work and flares on the cheap. I just like the OMF Bumpers and this is how it turned out so far. Keep ya'll posted on the next stage.

Plan is to run 35 or 37 inch tire. Axle plan I am still thinking about. Probably 8.8 in rear and run the 30 until I can afford to change it out later. This is a work truck, wheeler and all around vehicle for me. Yes I would have went with less lift but didn't realize until afterwards.

Missing the 3 link brace. I need to get clayton to send that and put my slip yoke kit in and see how it handles.

Looks good with the Notch Customs flares. On can easily run 35's with a 4" lift with their flares. I'd shed the height by swapping our coils and leafs and for a LCG.

Looks good with the Notch Customs flares. On can easily run 35's with a 4" lift with their flares. I'd shed the height by swapping our coils and leafs and for a LCG.

I must agree on loosing a couple of inches and that will be a sweet setup you've started. I have been considering the Rustys front fenders and rear quarter panels like the looks but not the price of them.

Was there a reason for using the Rhino Liner on the sides, other than that it sits good will look good with a set of 35"'s on it.

If you have a Chry 8.25 29 spline in it you can get by OK they will take a lot of abuse even when locked and re-geared. I've have the D30HP/Chry 8.25 in mine 4.56's and Detroit Lockers have beat on them quite a bit so far no problems.

Here is a photo of my short arm at 4 1/2" on 33"'s, wish I had your suspension.

Last edited:
I will probably run the stock axles (re-geared) for a short time due to funding. Decisions for rear axles are easy. I am still trying to decide what would be the easiest/cheapest way to upgrade the front. For now it will be carrying a spare shaft in the back.

Notch Customs Flares - A couple of the bolts have already come loose where they are attached to flare with gob of fiberglass. Probably need to ditch these eventually and fab some tube flares.

Paint/liner - Had a few dents and areas that needed prep from that bodyline down. It just seemed like a quick and easy fix. Not too many compliments in that area but hey, its not meant to be a show ride.

Nice rig - would you have bought 4.88's after driving with 35's on the street or keep the 4.56 ????

Back