• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skwerly's '78 Ramcharger 440: Slow Build

None of the vac lines are going where they should, which is an easy fix, but the bigger problem is it smells like a Shell station out the pipes lol, even with a brand new carb. Engine is just pretty tired, me thinks.

None of the vac lines are going where they should, which is an easy fix, but the bigger problem is it smells like a Shell station out the pipes lol, even with a brand new carb. Engine is just pretty tired, me thinks.

Does it have a catalytic converter? When Gomer was missing it's cat, it smelled that way too.

David Bricker / SYR

i have a 80 something 440 sitting in this rv at my pad......ran...you should put it in there instead of those other things you like puttin in there.

Has to be late seventies, the 440 ceased production in '78. Would be fun to stand-build one. Always wanted to.

The best 440 to find would be 68-69. I happen to have one, All you need to do is get it to you.

The block for the 70s is fine - you just need to find heads from 68-69 for the bet flow, before the smog stuff hit.

David Bricker / SYR

HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO

Ok so we got a new year started an you still haven't posted anything new on this so slow build. Why? When are you going to do something? Heck i don't care if you just open the hood an take a pic with a beer in the back ground. Just do something.

That is all

This build has been so hard on me to read i am worn out. I think i need to take off a couple of days from this and then come back to this fantastic thread with so much not going on in it. Going to be hard to turn it off, but i think i can do it.

Keep up the not so fast pace of the build, i bet you're tired too.I mean man, all the work you haven't been doing is taking it's toll on you i see.

Be Careful and slow down a little my fine friend.

;)

I think i need to take off a couple of days from this and then come back to this fantastic thread with so much not going on in it.

;)

Be careful, if you don't come back everyday you will get behind and have to spend all weekend catching up. And of course, someone will post spoilers in another thread.

Thanks, for asking, bud! I'm currently in a state of limbo. Unsure which 4x4 I'm going to keep, unsure what I'm going to keep at all, completely redoing life, quite literally.

Garage is getting a major facelift, house is getting landscaped, I'm chucking stuff by the bagful almost every day.

Long story short, they are making me take the Ramcharger to a star smog station, which means I can't use my guy, and there's not a tiny chance it's passing legit. So I'm considering getting the Jeep back up to driver/legal status and going with that -- it never caused me a smog hiccup.

This state just isn't post-1975 vehicle friendly, period. I knew this going in with the Ramcharger, and that's why I had a smog guy. I never in a million years expected this crappy state to make me go to a star station.

But 2017 is the year. Things are moving, one way or another.

The Ramcharger starts and runs just fine, same as ever, but it's not road legal; story of my life. :D

Back