• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skully's got some new shoes!

Skully

NAXJA Forum User
So if anyone had saw this thread I had a really bad week with everything all centered around vandalism with one of my 8 month old tires.

Well cosmic forces decided to give me a break and give me a short term bout of good luck.

Even though I was more than 12 hours after the person had posted it, I won the bid on a killer deal, and they even waited 4 days till I could get to him. They admitted they were hit hard by everyone under the sun PMing them wanting these!

(4) 33 x10.50 15 BFG M/T KM2's with only 100 miles on them for $700. They were mounted on Jeep Alloys to which I am selling in the For Sale Section FYI. ;)

shoes1.jpg

shoes2.jpg

So far I have to do some minor trimming as I know the areas I will rub on the trail, but no rub on the street!

Definitely need some new gears now. I have been needing it up till now, they are not that bad, just a little slow up hills. My old Trxus were heavy arse tires and they made me pull out the emergency road oars, so this will be a little worse! :D

Last edited:
Nice, I just bought some 35 KM2's!!:thumbup:

Nice... Trim up and you will be good... They look great on your rig... Did ya notice it lifted it up a little?

I just have to trim the front fender around the front. I was rubbing my Trxus there, did not cut enough off originally.

Bout' 7/8 of an inch...................go team! :D (little sarcasm there)

Looks Good!

I'm thinkin of putting that size tire on my street MJ, but not looking to trim or move the flairs up. What lift, and backspace are you running?

Thanks

i ran 35's on 3.55's..it was a stick tho...(so technically "geared" a lil) lol
but my old auto had 33's and 3.55's...ran fine...im not picky as i realize its a big ugly SLOW jeep lol

Its about time you get some good luck lol. They look good, now you just need to go test them out.

Are you going to be selling your Trxus? If so what size are they?

Looks Good!

I'm thinkin of putting that size tire on my street MJ, but not looking to trim or move the flairs up. What lift, and backspace are you running?

Thanks

That is an interesting question there? :D

Rear; I have Rusty's 3.5 full leafs in the rear with a 1.5 Teraflex shackles for what started out as 5" of lift, but the leafs over two years of flexing them like crazy and beating them up I lost .75" of lift for 4.25" in the rear.

Front; I have Rubicon Express 3.5" coils with an extra OE isolator and when I first did it I was at 5", now I am about 4.5". (RE coils are known to give you more lift than expected.)

I cut strategic areas inside the fender wells, but did not move the flare, I am one of the rare ones that actually like the flares on the rig. The wheels are Pro Comp steels 15x8 with I believe 3.75" of backspacing and with these 33x10.50's they do not even get close to hitting the LCA on full turn.

Its about time you get some good luck lol. They look good, now you just need to go test them out.

Are you going to be selling your Trxus? If so what size are they?

The Trxus sold two days later. The funny part is the guy I bought these 33" BFG's from, wanted my 31" Trxus once I dismounted them so I did not even have to put them up for sale.

Now you might ask yourself "Why would he sell new tires to put on smaller older tires?".........................don't ask, long story, coming to an ad for a '93 XJ for sale near you! :D

Last edited:
So you got a SCREAMIN!!! deal on them-thar tars!

Thanks for the information and feedback Skully.

I have 33s with stock gears and a manual trans... in the city it drives fine but I have to drive with my hazards on in the rightmost lane on the highway. I was heading west on I70 the other day, on the hill just after the C470 junction, and I couldn't push it past 40 mph. In 4th and 5th gear, even on flat ground, I can have the skinny pedal all the way down and I'll still DEcelerate.
But, its a Jeep, not a Vette.

those look nice

Thanks! :thumbup:

I have a city box and 3.55's, a stick with stock gears would be 3.07's I believe and that yes would be rough as well. I ran 35's, w/ 4.10's and a 5 speed manual in my CJ and was horrible, I needed 4.88's.

I think because I do have the Auto I will go with 4.56's. Right now it is annoying going up a hill and I can not even climb a curb with it being in 4-lo.............:gag:

Definitely looks a lot better than the 31" Trxus...............even though I only gained .75" of lift. :D

Its pretty crazy how queit the km2's are isn't it? Ive got them in the 35" flavor,best riding tire ive ran thus far. Only thing im worried about is sidewall strength.

Its pretty crazy how queit the km2's are isn't it? Ive got them in the 35" flavor,best riding tire ive ran thus far. Only thing im worried about is sidewall strength.

I have always had really good luck with BFG's. My Trxus were really quiet too, but once worn down just like my BFG's were louder than crap!!!!

My Trxus I did not get much mileage out of them but were awesome in winter. I am worried about this new design as my old BFG's M/T's were horrible in the snow on the street without siping.

Back