• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skid plate ?

jeepguy97 said:
Yes it will, but once its been lifted more than 3" it doesn't really do much good, because its too high to cover the steering.
Yes, but you can make spacers very easily and they put the skid down far enough to cover the TR.

I have mine lifted about 4" and the skid dropped 2", so everything is covered perfectly, and is well worth it when a rock smacks the skid and not the TR.

Fergie

X2 what Fergie said, mine is to high now with 3.5" lift and I bent my tie rod so I need to make spacers to lower it.

kme743 said:
And makes it a PITA to work on certain things. Thats why I removed mine.

Don't waste the plate though. I coverted mine into a xfer case skid that covers from frame rail to frame rails.

Directions:
1. Cut the mounting end tabs down about 3/4" the way down
2. Weld 3x3x1/4 angle on each side. (flat side up)
3. Drill and mount angles along the frame

You have to flip it around- Front of skid plate should be the rear and the rear should rest on rear of the xmission cross member lip.

I will post picks this weekend.

I've got one in the garage that has been altered to sit 3-3.5" lower than stock. I cut the mount surfaces off and welded in the extra length.

If interested let me know. (Man, I need to have a garage sale! :) )

Back