• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ski/Board Forum?

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for the NAXJA NAC of the ski/board world, lol. Anyone on any local ski/board forums that have decent traffic? I'm looking to find some good used gear. Thanks!

Looking for the NAXJA NAC of the ski/board world, lol. Anyone on any local ski/board forums that have decent traffic? I'm looking to find some good used gear. Thanks!

If you are just looking for used gear, try Craigslist, eBay, or local ski shops that carry used stuff. If you are looking for an online community that discusses skiing .... can't help you there.

yea rick. id say CL is your best bet. what are you looking for i seriously probably have 30 pairs of skis and at least 10 boards at home

Thanks guys, this was my post on a forum I just joined...

Hey all,

Brand new to the forum, but I am on several other Jeep, motorcycle, photography, etc., forums. Haven't been on the slopes in 5 years since a ski accident at Blue Mountain. I NEED to get going again (Not to mention my g/f boards sooooo I'll be heading to the slopes often and rental gear just isn't cool!).

I'm looking for the following:

Pair of skis: 160-180cm (I am 6'4", 165lbs, and have about 6 years experience in PA.) - prefer shaped skis please!
Bindings: Preferably mounted already
Pair of boots: Mens size 9.5-12 boots (varies on brand)
Poles: Whatever length I need for the above deal

Brand preferences are: Salomon, Rossingol, Head, Atomic, Elan, K2, Dynastar, etc. - something decent. I'm looking to spend LESS than $400 total. Used gear is fine obviously. I am located in Exton, PA near West Chester and travel Center City Philly, Brick Township, NJ, Maryland, Delaware, etc., so could meet up half way or something depending. I prefer in person pickup versus shipping, but do have a PayPal account if the need arises.

Thanks so much!

My g/f went to school in VT, and boards, so she's got a step up on me at the moment having been to Smuggs, Stowe, etc. Oh, and I found basically NOTHING on Craigs List by me. Anything decent was sold or no reply...

do yourself a favor and get new boots. used ones will have been broken in by the PO and arent comfortable. i got a pair of solomon ski boots last winter for right around $200. u might get away with snowboard boots used but id still go new.

and skis will be easier to come by once the season gets going.

go to a shop and try them on. ski boots can be a real beeeotch on your feet if they dont fit right. i got custom footbeds in mine. my snowboard boots are northwave if ur looking in that direction

i have a pair or rossi scratch skis but theyre too short for you. ill ask my bro if we have anythign at home that might fit you and ill let u know.

Last edited:
It sucks - most are closed .. don't open 'til October.. but yah I guess I could stop at a Dick's, Sports Authority, or something similar that has boots to try on...

yea u could do that. but once u get ur feet back under you your gonna want a decent pair of boots. i need $500 snowboard boots to be comortable riding now.

Definitely try on boots... and spend a lot of time in them before you buy.

Sore feet can ruin a day on the slopes real quick... even worse if you invested a good amount of money in them.

I deal with things honestly... I've hiked miles in Puma's. It hurts for a couple days but it's whatever. I can sacrifice some comfort for cost. The last boots, bindings and skis I had were all Salomon. They didn't fit perfect (got 'em used from a friend) and I was completely fine with 'em for many years.

I know this is out of your way but killington vt haas a ski swap coming up pretty soon it's usually leftovers from last season. I've seen new gear go for 75 80% off, not to mention all of the used stuff I think brewfest might be going on the same weekend.if you do go i'll be there look for a blue xj (you'll know it when you see it) make a little wheeling trip.

Ghost, did you check out Wick's in Exton? I know they have a big sale around July 4th...doesn't help you now, but they may have stuff on sale still

I know this is out of your way but killington vt haas a ski swap coming up pretty soon it's usually leftovers from last season. I've seen new gear go for 75 80% off, not to mention all of the used stuff I think brewfest might be going on the same weekend.if you do go i'll be there look for a blue xj (you'll know it when you see it) make a little wheeling trip.

I am killing myself for not stopping by the shops in Stowe when I was up there in July and in August. My g/f was up there for 3.5 years - I should've grabbed something - but was short on cash those times I was there. That's a LONG drive btw... Took me 10 hours 4th of July Weekend. I averaged 7.5 hours the other times and made it home in 6 hours, 10 minutes one time when I borrowed my father's spare Toyota Camry - damn 35+ MPG was heaven!

Ghost, did you check out Wick's in Exton? I know they have a big sale around July 4th...doesn't help you now, but they may have stuff on sale still

I e-mailed 'em last week and they replied:
I do not have an inventory that I can provide you with regarding the sale. We have received 95% of our Men's Ski, Bindings, and Boots for the 2010 season. Prices are 10% off our regular pricing for 2010 merchandise. Remaining 2009 merchandise is 40% off our regular pricing. Thanks
There is a sale end of this month.

You should be able to find something on Newschoolers

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Back