• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skeet anyone?

20acpso.jpg

:confused:

My Christmas list just got bigger. That is badass:loveu:

Wow! I've never had any interest in firearms, but that vid could get me into skeet hunting. What's the best way to prepare them?

Lawn Cher' said:
Wow! I've never had any interest in firearms, but that vid could get me into skeet hunting. What's the best way to prepare them?

Naugha's are better plus you get naughahide out of them.. skeets are kinda crunchy and will piss off your dentist no end, worse than eating ice..

RichP said:
Naugha's are better plus you get naughahide out of them.. skeets are kinda crunchy and will piss off your dentist no end, worse than eating ice..

Have you ever had snipe? I went on a snipe hunt once, but we used pea shooters. I guess I'm just not stealthy enough for snipe hunting. I did get to try them though, my hunting buddy had some leftover snipe jerky that we enjoyed on safari in the peat bogs of Scotland, while watching the wild haggis romp.

Lawn Cher' said:
Have you ever had snipe? I went on a snipe hunt once, but we used pea shooters. I guess I'm just not stealthy enough for snipe hunting. I did get to try them though, my hunting buddy had some leftover snipe jerky that we enjoyed on safari in the peat bogs of Scotland, while watching the wild haggis romp.

About the closest I've gotten to snipes are jackalopes, viscious creatures, they can jump 20 ft and they aim right for the crotch so a good kevlar cup is requirement when hunting them. On one hunt a guy on the adjoining campsite was taking a dump and one got him
8-99.jpg

They are sneaky too, they will travel in pairs and one will draw your attention while the other one goes for the nads...
jack5.jpg

One I'd really like to try for are the fur bearing trout I've heard about in canada, northern canada, way up north near the circle, thats gotta be something... but then something hairy and fishy smelling is not that strange :D :D

got 2/3 's of the way into the clip and then , :idea:

hell , i may have to start golfing again . FORE !!!!
( GOLF CLAP )

RichP said:
One I'd really like to try for are the fur bearing trout I've heard about in canada, northern canada, way up north near the circle, thats gotta be something... but then something hairy and fishy smelling is not that strange :D :D

Are there beaver that far north? That'd be something, to get some beaver action and catch a fur-bearing trout on the same trip. Hey, whay kinda lures do you recommend for the trout? Maybe some trouser snake imitators, they work for big bass, or so I'm told.

Lawn Cher' said:
Are there beaver that far north? That'd be something, to get some beaver action and catch a fur-bearing trout on the same trip. Hey, whay kinda lures do you recommend for the trout? Maybe some trouser snake imitators, they work for big bass, or so I'm told.

I always found that a small bag of cubic zirconium in various sizes from 1/4 carat to 1 carat worked well.... but then that far north a brick of .22's is also very tradeable.... :D

Back