• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra member in a gray area.

pandabear925

NAXJA Forum User
How's it going everyone?

My short story.

Lived in the Bay Area but recently moved outside of Vegas in Henderson and am part of the Sierra chapter currently.

I enjoy the community and am hoping to get to know the SoCal chapter members. Since I'm in a gray area I'm hoping there are other members near me to link up with.

From the bay area to Nevada; bit of culture shock, eh?

My son, Noah is out in Death Valley, about 3 1/2 hours from you. Lots of trails and places to explore.

I get out there 3-4 times per year to visit my Jeep, and see what had broken and Noah has fixed.

David Bricker / SYR

From the bay area to Nevada; bit of culture shock, eh?

lol, Ive been to many places. From west coast to middle east lol. It is dry out here tho haha.

Come on down to socal fest in a few weeks, we promise to be nice...maybe.

Im going to try, I just started a new job, so time off might be hard right now, and i dont know my schedule yet.

My son, Noah is out in Death Valley, about 3 1/2 hours from you. Lots of trails and places to explore.

I get out there 3-4 times per year to visit my Jeep, and see what had broken and Noah has fixed.

David Bricker / SYR

Yeah im slowly finding trails out here. Mainly been riding them solo tho until i can find one or two more rigs to run around with in the area.

I bought my XJ from someone that lived in Henderson. He did a lot of trails in that area with a local group. I will try to find more info if you are interested.

Do try to make it to SoCalFest.

Yeah, that would be sweet man. Please do.

Former SoCal chapter member SC Rednek used to live in Vegas. He's in the Southeast Chapter now. He mentioned some interesting sounding areas to explore around your area in this thread: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1065410&page=3. You may want to check out some of those spots.

As for SoCal Fest, just tell your boss it's a religious holiday and that he'll be stomping on your rights if he denies the time off or questions the tenets of your beliefs. That should work. Or get you fired. One or the other.

As for SoCal Fest, just tell your boss it's a religious holiday and that he'll be stomping on your rights if he denies the time off or questions the tenets of your beliefs. That should work. Or get you fired. One or the other.

Religious holiday indeed. Dirt church!

David Bricker / SYR

Double post...

David Bricker / SYR

Last edited:
Haha thanks I'll check that thread out. I hit boulder city trails every few days solo. They are easy enough to solo without worries but still fun. I start tomorrow so I will see what my schedule is like. I went for full time but they are starting part time for now. But hey, oreillys. Lol should be sweet working at a parts store.

You ever want directions to the good trails out there, let me know. And yeah, Vegas is in an odd area in the chapter divisions, but closest to SoCal so I wheeled with them.

I lived out there for a few years. I'm part of the Chevy OBS club K5MOB find them on face book they do trail runs all the time with the Toyota group Battle Born Toyotas. Both groups are full of great guys. Check out Mt. Charleston area it's got some good trails. So does the eastide of town aka Hollywood Hills and there's always the sand dunes North of Nellis.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah shoot me some trails redneck, and sweet cheesy I'll look for them.

ok sorry I have been job searching and planning a trip to the other side of the world, so NAXJA hasn't been getting a lot of my attention.

Burro Wash is absolutely the first trail you need to check. Go look on google maps and find the power station just south of boulder city. Drive to it's north gate of the station, and you'll see a trail headed east, that's where you want to go.

Now burro wash trail is about 14 miles long, and quite varied terrain. after about 2 miles of whoops you'll come to a gap in the fence where it says "no atv's" and "burro wash", from there is heads into some hills and you know for sure you're in the right place. Pretty easy for a while, then the downhill is a bit rough depending on what your jeep is like.

After you get down from the hill, it's a pretty level wash, just easy sand for a couple miles. As you get to the end of the wash is the most confusing part, the whole trail has been following high tension lines (that's why it's there in the first place). But at the end of the wash there's a slanted road headed up the side of the hill to the right, that's where you want to go. Straight, you reach basically a cliff.

Up that trail to the right, and then down the other side, through a tight canyon with some rocks (collect firewood there if you need it) and then it opens up and you get to the cove. It's about 2 miles below willow beach, and 10-ish miles below hoover dam. The water is always COLD, mid 50's. If you have a canoe, go straight across the channel and there's petroglyphs on some of the rocks over there

Hope that enough to help you on you first weekend there! After you've done that, I'll give you some more good trails

Back