• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rendezvous

since no one has suggested dates, I'll start.

weekend of September 21-22 is best for us at Hollister.

weekend of September 28-29 is the CALROCS event at Donner Summit if people are interested in that. Probably camp/play up at Eagle lakes Saturday and go to Finals on Sunday.

Potentially. The governor has some say in my availability, since I'm pretty much working for him at the moment.

I really hate that guy.

CRASH

I should be back from Spain by then. I'll be there!
Lil' Foot ( Forrest)

well, I've been visiting NAXJA for about a year now, I used to have an XJ, now have MJ. I think this would be a good opportunity to go on my first run with the group. When/where is the next meeting? (I know, I should probably know). I just fininshed my spring-over with equal lift up front, running BFG 33x12.5 MT and a lockright up front.

The meet and greets are the first Thursday of the month at Round Table Pizza on Keifer Blvd. @ 6:30 PM. Take I-80 into town, then pick up Hwy 50 towards Lake Tahoe, exit Watt Ave. South, go south to the 3rd stop light and turn left (Keifer Blvd.), go through the next stop light and look for a bunch of XJ's parked on the right in the Round Table parking lot.
Hope to finally meet ya!

so Sept. 6 then for a meet and greet? I think I will need to make it to that one. I've already met Gary E. (swapped some axles) and Kevin and i look forward to meeting (and wheelin with) the rest of you.

I'll have the flat black MJ on 33s...

Later...
Brett

so Sept. 6 then for a meet and greet? I think I will need to make it to that one. I've already met Gary E. (swapped some axles) and Kevin and i look forward to meeting (and wheelin with) the rest of you.

I'll have the flat black MJ on 33s...

Later...
Brett

Can a visiting NAXJA member from Fla join up with ya'll on the Hollister run on the 21st-22nd? I'm staying in Carson City, NV until the Moab event. I'd also like to try to make it down for the Thur m&g. Any problem with that?

'99 Sport, 3", 31's (soon to be +/- 4" & 32's), rear no slip, winch, etc.
Recently ran Gold Bar Rim, Poison Spider Mesa & the back of Golden Spike (from Gold Bar Rim to the Golden Crack) in Moab plus a couple trails in Colorado.

Don, are you down for a run to the Rubicon or Barrett? Jes and I wheel almost every weekend somewhere in the northern Sierra Nevada. Would love to show you around, if you are interested!

CRASH

Sept. 21-22 sounds doable for me, hopefully it won't be too hot. I'll probably camp out there since the drive is a little long for a day trip.
I'll call them to make sure they're open on those dates.
Don, you're welcome to come to the Hollister run or any of our meet&greets.

Jes

Bring the kids, this is meant as a "family" type event and a chance to meet some of the people you're (hopefully) going to wheel with.

Lisa and I will also spend the night. Hmmmmm..can you say margaritas? I new you could 8)

I make a motion to spend some of the Sierra Chapter funds ($40) on Hot Dogs and buns. Any discussion?

Don't know if I can make it or not.......still depends on my current (hopefully only till the next election :wink: boss). It'll be a last minute call, so nobody rely on me for planning purposes or kiddie games.

Trust me, you don't want me around your kids anyway.

CRASH

Crash....
Don't think I can do much on the Rubicon just yet, for a couple reasons. I'm still at only 3" and 31's and the 31's are probably closer to 29's, they're worn pretty thin. Price shopping for some BFG 32's rite now, but will prolly have to get another set of wheels, I screwed up and got 7" wheels when I replaced the (bent) originals. The other thing is, from what I've been hearing the Rubicon is at least an overnighter as well as is Barrett & my camping so far has been limited to a 30' motorhome. Plan to pick up a tent & some other odd's 'n ends soon, but 'till I do I have to stick to a moderate one-day run. If you know of anything like that, I'd be happy to join you. I'm in the process of doing some repairs at the moment, but shud be done in a week or so.

Jes...
Thanks, I will plan to get down for the m&g the 5th. Need to talk to some folks @ R.E. and 4WPW, prob will come down & make a day of it.

i am gone be at disney land from sept 14 - 20. so please dont do it on the 14-15 weekend. i will rush back for the saturday 21. jack

Back