• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I get them?

EZridaz

NAXJA Forum User
44/9 combo from a 1979 F-150...64 wms....5 on 5.5...stock gears still at 3.55...44 is HP...comes with radius arms and brackets...9 is the large bearing....dont think its a Nodular with the larger brakes as it was on a half ton.....found a really good deal on them ($400)and wanted to see what you thought about the 79' F-150 strengths before I buy them and wish I went with another year...Thanks!!!

Dont want to take out a 2nd mortgage to get them to mount up either but I know it cant be done with milk and cookies!

Yes, get them and mount them on a GEO like this...

zydqvs.jpg

scratch.gif

and why is this in the

Non-Tech / Off Topic The popular Non-Tech Forum.

You say it "comes with radius arms and brackets" like that's a bonus.(n)
But $400 sounds pretty nice.:thumbup:

jdogg4 said:
and why is this in the

Non-Tech / Off Topic The popular Non-Tech Forum.
Whats so technical about it...just wanted an opinion...if its in the wrong place then I appologize.... move it if you have the power to

EZridaz said:
Whats so technical about it...just wanted an opinion...if its in the wrong place then I appologize.... move it if you have the power to
He has the power to whine.:rattle:

Okie Terry said:
You say it "comes with radius arms and brackets" like that's a bonus.(n)
But $400 sounds pretty nice.:thumbup:
Im just telling you what the guy told me.....never acted like it was a bonus just something extra with it

Slow down, man.
Nobody's trying to bring you down.
Take this club with more sense of humor and you'll be a lot happier.

I hardly ever even post in these forums and when you do people start with some stupid $hit and just wanted a straight answer...I do take it with a grain of salt but I thought I was on Naxja not Pirate

EZridaz said:
I hardly ever even post in these forums and when you do people start with some stupid $hit and just wanted a straight answer...I do take it with a grain of salt but I thought I was on Naxja not Pirate
Two of us told you to get them.
The third is just having a bad hair day.

I know its a good deal and know they are stronger than what I have just didnt know if the tubes are stronger than other years I should be looking for or probs I might run in to....maybe it could be in "Technical" if I start asking other Q's but thats about it really...Thanks Okie!

EZridaz said:
Sometimes you dont know how it is meant either,because it is a forum and cant see a face for expression or be a post whore who knows everyones personality...sorry if I offended anyone...been along day and just wanted an answer...thats all

Hey, I think a Geo on a YJ frame would be trick but I also liked the guy down the road who put a 81 eldorado on top of a 3/4 ton gm 4x4 chasis....with 44's...

I say get em EZ b/c I'm in west virginia and if you don't want em... I'll take em off your hands :)

Thats a pretty good deal. It is an easy swap if you want to use the radius arms. If you plan to go leafs, I would look for an earlier 44(non cast wedges). I extended the arms and used a flex joint on the frame end. When the arms are modified in this way, they flex pretty damn good. Do a little searching on this, you will find a ton of info. Post pics if you decide to go with the swap.

LilRedRover said:
I say get em EZ b/c I'm in west virginia and if you don't want em... I'll take em off your hands :)
I am getting them this weekend....FullsizeXJ is going to help me with the build and getting it right!!!!

EZridaz said:
I am getting them this weekend....FullsizeXJ is going to help me with the build and getting it right!!!!
Congrats on the procurement.
Tell Richard we said, "Hi."

88flexj said:
Thats a pretty good deal. It is an easy swap if you want to use the radius arms. If you plan to go leafs, I would look for an earlier 44(non cast wedges). I extended the arms and used a flex joint on the frame end. When the arms are modified in this way, they flex pretty damn good. Do a little searching on this, you will find a ton of info. Post pics if you decide to go with the swap.

I think the cast units only came on the 78-79 broncos....I will definately post up when I get them and when Im finished with them...isnt going to happen overnight but soon enough!!!

Back