• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

should i get 38's?

Yeah, way too much work to make 38"s realistic on an XJ. You'd be about $5 grand and 100 man-hours into it by the time you were done.

I run 38s with 9" of lift with Rockkrawler LAs... I have a 8.8 with a aussie and yukon shafts and 4.56 and A D30 in the front with a aussie and warn conv to hubs...also the steering is easy make ur own 1 ton steering with a durango box and brace everything....and mine works great!!!

And NO you wont have 5k in it....

I'm runnin 35's on regeared stock D30 and C8.25 no probs. But i don't tend to put my foot in it very much, more of a finesse kinda wheeler... 38's though, locked on a D30... It'd have to be beefed up quite a bit, (sleved, trussed, tubes welded, ect ect.) to get me to trust that axle on the trail.

I'm runnin 35's on regeared stock D30 and C8.25 no probs. But i don't tend to put my foot in it very much, more of a finesse kinda wheeler... 38's though, locked on a D30... It'd have to be beefed up quite a bit, (sleved, trussed, tubes welded, ect ect.) to get me to trust that axle on the trail.
Add on retubed, diff swapped to a D44 or larger, alloys, etc etc...:D

D30 with an Aussie and 38s? Sounds slightly umm...yeah...

And I bet that 4.56's bring the suck with 38's too! Need 5.13's for them things! or you know Portals. :dunno:

I run 38s with 9" of lift with Rockkrawler LAs... I have a 8.8 with a aussie and yukon shafts and 4.56 and A D30 in the front with a aussie and warn conv to hubs...also the steering is easy make ur own 1 ton steering with a durango box and brace everything....and mine works great!!!

lmao good luck keeping that carrier in one piece in that d30 with 38s

if you want a well set-up rig to handle those tires it will have 5k into it if not more.

of course you can cut corners ,have an unreliable rig and/or baby it on the trails and it will cost you less

Back