• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shops in SoCal that can do fabbing & gear work

jpfreak

NAXJA Member #1208
Hey everyone, I'm planning on getting a new rear axle (8.8) and wanted to have a shop set it up with the correct brackets, regear, and lock it, and I just wanted to see if there were shops down there that could do this kind of work. There is only one shop here that can do this kind of work, and they're pretty expensive. Hopefully when all this is done, I can finally get back on the trail.

Thanks,

Chris

Ryan at www.rawbrown.com set my D44 up, he did an awsome job and his prices were good. I didn't need perches installed but I know he does that work too. This would be a bit of a drive for you though as he is down near San Diego, but it might be worth the drive, just give him a call.

yeah but you traveled 3 hours to have me setup your D44. whats another 2 hours to the drive? LOL
desertjeeper said:
Ryan at www.rawbrown.com set my D44 up, he did an awsome job and his prices were good. I didn't need perches installed but I know he does that work too. This would be a bit of a drive for you though as he is down near San Diego, but it might be worth the drive, just give him a call.

Another vote for rawbrown, he does good work

I'm driving all the way down from Redondo Beach for Ryan to do my work, I know its only 100 miles but half of those are on the 405 so that will take like 5 hours.

Really, talk to Ryan, he spent a long time on the phone with me explaining my options, he never tried to sell me anything. His prices are the best I've seen and his labor prices are more than reasonable.

Gary

I made two trips from Santa Clarita (Magic Mountain area) to Ryan's to get my gears and locker done.

Made another one to get my LCA skids, rear spring perches and rear shock mounts done.

Vegas is a long way - but if don't find someone you really like in LV - have a weekend in San Diego!

bburge

(sniffle)
They love me...
They really, really love me...

(yoooorrrggg)

bburge said:
Vegas is a long way - but if don't find someone you really like in LV - have a weekend in San Diego!

bburge

Yeah, gee, I hate having to spend a weekend in San Diego, but if I have to... ;) Anyway, thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Hey Chris!

Have Ryan do it, you won't be dissappointed.

If / when you come out, let me know. Might be able to help you kill some time while your here.

--ron

Ryan at RawBrown does great work like pointed out above. He's also a hell a fabricator. The bumpers on his XJ are FUGLY(but functional)....so dont go by that ;) :D I'll post up some pictures of the bumpers he built for my old XJ.

Rawbrown said:
(sniffle)
They love me...
They really, really love me...

With all of the love for Ryan, maybe we should roast him! LOL.

Once I finally get my money and quit doing stupid things in my Jeep (like that'll happen) he will be the guy I go to for gears/lockers. In the meantime, he is going to be helping me with a Powertrax (or similair) for my stock axle.

Good Luck!

Robert

oh, I'll take a roast... with a baked potato...

Back