• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shooting trip, first time taking the Jeep off the paved highway

Kejtar said:
if you get an XD .45 you want to get an aftermarket grip safety for it. IIRC it's Barsto that makes it. Why do you want it? If you don't depress the safety all the way and rack the slide, you will slice the plastic of top of the current one and lock the slide on the frame. Springfield will fix it for you at no charge (drill out the slide stop) and put same part that had the problem back in for ya and ship it back :D Otherwise then that, they're great guns.
I am going to have to look into this alittle more. I have a XD45 and have not had any problems yet with about 700 rounds fired. There is a problem with the feeding ramp getting gouged. From what I've read it is mainly caused by improper reassembly of the guide rod after cleaning. Springfield has been fixing them free of charge. At least they stand behind their product.:thumbup:

XJMilan said:
I am going to have to look into this alittle more. I have a XD45 and have not had any problems yet with about 700 rounds fired. There is a problem with the feeding ramp getting gouged. From what I've read it is mainly caused by improper reassembly of the guide rod after cleaning. Springfield has been fixing them free of charge. At least they stand behind their product.:thumbup:
The problem is that if you don't depress the grip safety all the way. It's easy to do by accident. If you try it it works this way: if you do it right, plan to send it to SA for service next day ;)

cruiserhead said:
In SB area, Manzanita flats (hwy 330 @ 1 1/2 miles from 1st ranger station), and 2 places off main trail out of fawnskin are open shooting areas, and FREE. Manzanita flats is closed during high fire danger. Most BLM land is open-shooting, however some places (like mojave dry lake bed) have restrictions due to high ATV activity. Been out at Jawbone canyon a couple times w/ one of my brothers - he shoots the super-long range stuff.

Manzanitia is still closed as of monday....fire road is 1N09. I go up there all the time when it's open.

hopefully they will open it up soon.

Justin

ScottyDog said:
HOLY SHIT that's funny..... :laugh2:

Yeah, were you lookin for bad guys up there? BTW, what kind of outfit you got yourself there?? .308? But I do like the reach out and touch someone kind of shootin guns!
You must have missed the part where he said it's a Rem 700 in 30.06 with Leupold VX-II 3x9x40 :D

So since you like metal guns...let me know what you think.

I'm looking at two choices for my first 1911. Kimber TLEii custom with night sights and checkered front grip or Springfield Loaded.

ps. Plastic still owns you. :D

blackhawk411 said:

I'm looking at two choices for my first 1911. Kimber TLEii custom with night sights and checkered front grip or Springfield Loaded.

Either, both are very good guns, I thought about a Kimber, but the one I wanted was on a serious back order, so I went with something else...I might catch some crap for this, but I bought a Para OPS. I love that gun and it's dead accuate for a 3 1/2in barrel. My next 1911 will be and LDA version Para.

I really don't know too much about 1911's but Remi could probably help you out alot more than I could

Justin

Man. I wish I still had my gold cup.:tears:

blackhawk411 said:

Sig 220:D but, I have a Glock 17 that I've had for about 15yrs now----------Hans

blackhawk411 said:

IMHO Kimber all the way. I've shot the TLE Custom and that's a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet gun. I"ve also shot the Springfield Loaded and must say that the Kimber felt better. But then again it all comes down to personal preference as well as both of them are fine firearms.

I have a Para 14.45 Limited LDA in stainless and it is nice to shoot. Sintax has shot it before and he only had praises of it. It's a nice piece.

BTW- which XD 45's have the problem? ACP or GAP?

Kejtar said:
All XD's It is a component issue that is common to all flavours of XD.

That's news to me. I've had a couple different XD's and none of them had this problem. Even an HS2000 I have has never had this problem. Oh well.

Mike L said:
That's news to me. I've had a couple different XD's and none of them had this problem. Even an HS2000 I have has never had this problem. Oh well.
If you want I can demostrate to you how to lock it up but then you gotta deal with SA. Anyways... point is there is a flawed part that should be replaced. Bar-Sto offered to do it to all XD's as they came in (all XD's coming into the country go throu Bar-Sto actually) but SA declined as that would mean admitting to the flaw and having to "warranty replace" a lot of parts.

In normal use you are safe as long as you depress your grip safety all the way. If you don't depress it only enough to be able to rack it.. well, good luck. That's why SA says there is no problem as for proper operation you have to depress the grip safety all the way. Problem is that you can rack it if it's depressed almost all the way but then SA writes that one off as an operator error.

In any case, that's all there is to it: I know there is a problem, I passed on the message what y'all do with it, it's up to you :D

ruggedjeep said:
you had a gold cup and got rid of it :twak:
Tell me about it. I'm trying to find the guy I sold it to to get it back. It was a series 80 stainless enhanced model.:cry:

Back