• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shooting spots near Colorado Springs?

Elguapo

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys,
I am used to going to rainbow falls in woodland park area for some shooting.
However the last time I went there was a sign that read not shooting for the next x amount of miles. To drive those miles its a bit of a pain. Can anyone recommend spots to shoot near COS?

I'd like to reach out 100 yards if possible.
Any recommendations on 22s out there btw? I'm considering a cz bolt action, and I checked out a sako Finn II today.
Thanks guys
Anthony

Last edited:
Personally, I like the Cheyenne Mtn. shooting complex. $10, but a shorter drive. I think the days of target shooting in the near Ntl Forest are about over, and probably should be.

I just was up on rampart today shooting. Its only about 3 miles from where people shot before. I think its worth the drive to be able to shoot how I want without a bunch of other people to worry about. If I want to check a grouping, I can walk out and check it. If I want to shoot around a barricade or prone, no problem.

Today is a prime example. My cousin from CA is out and never shot a gun. We shot assorted rifles, pistols, and even sone clay pigeons with a shotgun. Best part was that I was there to teach him and control safety without having to watch him and every other jackass on the range that are pointing weapons sideways. He got to shoot standing, prone, around trees/barrbarricades, and even got to throw on my plate carrier.

I also find if I want to go shoot drills the woods are the best as I dont have to explain what why and how to the range saftey just to get aproval. I also don't have to explain to every fud why I'm rocking a plate carrier, battle belt, and helmet.

Back