• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shoe Creek / Big Levels (GWNF; VA) - Sunday, March 6th

April sounds like a plan. That also allows for us to see what fuel prices are going to do.

Ugh, yeah. We're up over 50c/gallon here in the last two weeks. It's really starting to hurt, and I've been shopping for an econobox DD again.

We are under a flash flood warning right now and many streams are in the road, I can only imagine how the trails would be. It was a good decision to post pone the ride.

Coming back this afternoon, a couple of the creeks that had risen earlier finally overflowed their banks resulting in road closures. I don't even want to start thinking about what it was probably like over there.

My schedule is hit/miss until mid May when Lacrosse season is over. I coach my son's lax team and some weekends we have off and others we don't.

If I'm free, I'll be there!

No worries; we'll see what we can shake out in a few weeks. I'd hoped this weekend would've been the first post-Winter trail run - I dunno about everyone else, but snow's only really fun for me for the first week or two, then I just want it to go away and get antsy for the weather to warm up. But it's only going to get better from here on out, so we'll just roll with it!

I agree that it was a good idea to postpone the ride. There are flood warnings up all over western Va, I know we have had almost 3 inches of rain at my house.

Ugh, yeah. We're up over 50c/gallon here in the last two weeks. It's really starting to hurt, and I've been shopping for an econobox DD again.

You, me, and the rest of the country. Not sure how it is up there, but down here the car market sucks! There's just nothing decent for an econobox. They're all either ragged out with a ton of miles on them, or are brand spanking new (with like 200 miles on them so they can technically be called "used") and cost a fortune.

I'd like to pick up an old bug or maybe a BMW 2002 to fix up and drive. I wouldn't mind an old Subaru in good condition. Whatever I get it will be old and still get great mileage.

I've got pretty picky tastes...

Option 1 - 2000+ VW TDI. Would prefer a Jetta but also considering Golfs and Passat's.

Option 2 - 1998+ Accord Coupe. Would prefer an EX model that has some stuff on it (leather and other goodies), but still considering a LX or other trim.

Bottom line, no matter what I get, it's going to be a manual transmission.

Back