• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks for the Rusty's 4.5" coil

dakotus

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone out there running the Rustys 4.5" coils recommend a nice smooth shock for that? Im having a little trouble here finding a perfect match.

Im running RRO's bar pin eliminators front and rear....will that affect my shock choices as far as lift goes?

any help is appreciated

Make sure you get shocks with eye holes at each end and not factory style for Cherokees since you are running BPE's front and rear. My dad has a 4.5" kit from Rusty's and he runs Pro Comp RS 3000's and the work well. I guess you should think about how much you are willing to spend on shocks too. Your BPE's will shorten the length of your shocks a little, but it shouldn't be more than an inch. You can measure your shock travel needed at full stuff and visa versa and get a shock with that much travel, or you can call a four wheel drive store and tell them what lift you have. Before you buy them just tell them you need dual eyelet holes for the ends front and rear.

4LowandGo said:
Make sure you get shocks with eye holes at each end and not factory style for Cherokees since you are running BPE's front and rear.
He will still need a stem shock for the front,BPE's do nothing to change that!

Billstein 5150 are by far the best I have ran. Here you go.
5150 Series

5150.jpg
Using the knowledge gained from winning more off-road races than any other major shock manufacturer, Bilstein introduces the 5150 Series. The first production monotube high gas pressure, fixed CrossFlow reservoir shock absorber designed specifically for lifted and custom applications.
Race Inspired Fixed Crossflow Reservoir - Adjustable Shock Mount Allows Unlimited Reservoir Positioning - Advanced Design Split Valving - Huge 46mm Working Piston - Maintenance Free Design - Valving for Single or Multiple Shock Application - Platinum Powdercoat Finish - Available in 6.5" to 14" Travel

Back