• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock travel length

LS1Jeep said:
See my buddy has one with moly shafts and its locked on 35's now it keeps tearing up ring and pinion ... And just the other day he found one of his shafts twisted

What brand parts?

Somehow I was expecting to see the "Y" word.

Others may have different experiance, but i see more of those parts break than stock.

There are better and worse brands of everything.

In gears people seem to like Superior, Spicer, Motive.. there are a bunch, read up in the forums a bit. I've been seeing alot of yukon r&p failures and d30 shaft breakages show up in the forums, and on the few good runs i've made it out to this year.

LS1Jeep said:
Thanks !!

I might have to sell them ... I found a D44 front for pretty cheap but it has manual hubs ..so unless theres some way to fix that I'll have to sell them :read:

u can always cut an opening for the hub ive seen people do it with other wheels

cal said:
You should use bumpstops to limit uptravel, and can use the shocks to limit droop.
For the extra money, you'll probably find it worth going to 5150's.

You can use the shocks to limit droop for crawling/slow stuff, but if you plan on hitting any fast stuff or leaving the ground, you should use limit straps.

Back