• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SHES GONNA BLOW!! MY ENGINE THAT IS.

from what i can read in the many manuals that i have (NAXJA) low oil pressure is or could be because your bearings are going bad i.e. crank, rod bearings. also try searching for low oil pressure and there is plenty of info on it. I personally run 10-30 (because that what my engine runs good on) and would change the oil if you havent already after pulling the pan and checking your bearings for wear. with past experiences running the oil too thick will screw up lifters and push rods and help the oil pump die rather quickly, but dont ask how i know not that its happened before. changing plugs will not help that your burning oil but cleaning the hell out of everything as mentioned earlier, distributer cap all the sensor connections around the intake especially might help the way it runs. if you are still wanting to swap why not just get a basic rebuild and do it yourself that way you know how many miles the parts have on them. P.S. dont hide behind your age saying your only twenty i know plenty of people like myself that are twenty and completely changing engines, rebuilds, lifts, and some major fab (roll cages, exo cages) it just makes you sound dumb.

For another $500/600 you can get a reman/rebuilt with a warranty. $800 for a motor that you don't know why it was removed from the vehicle. It does sound like its coming from somewhere else and a $200 deposit, doesn't sound like a winning situation except for the boneyard.

taking the header pan off the front makes it way easier and it prity simple. also you dont have to take the hood of it you pull the header pan. i dont know about everyone else but i hate putting hoods back on..
when u separate the engine from the trans make sure you disconnect the CPS on the drivers side of the bell housing it is easy to miss.

Rocketman said:
OK... this guy doesn't have tools to pull PLUGS and he's gonna do an engine swap?? Yeah, right!

Grow up. these little jabs are childish and unnecessary. Just because he dint have tools on the trial dose not mean he can't wrench his rig. I have been caught in situations were i dint have tools and broke things to.

It's cool, ROCKETMAN is just pissed cause his BOYFRIEND dumped him yesterday so he's a little grumpy at the moment. Besides the point...Im kinda looking forward to doing an engine swap cause i'll learn a few new things from it. Also theres a guy selling a 4.0 in the classifieds forum for $200.00 and he doesnt live too far from where i am so im deff gonna have to check that out.

Tyquan said:
It's cool, ROCKETMAN is just pissed cause his BOYFRIEND dumped him yesterday so he's a little grumpy at the moment. Besides the point...Im kinda looking forward to doing an engine swap cause i'll learn a few new things from it. Also theres a guy selling a 4.0 in the classifieds forum for $200.00 and he doesnt live too far from where i am so im deff gonna have to check that out.

Jumping on a forum to have people help you doesn't really bode well for your cause when you act like a child and insult the people you're asking for help. That being said, here's some advice:

1. Buy a manual, follow the steps in it.
2. Find someone local to help you. It takes two days easy to swap engines, including the time to swap accessories and put everything back together if you've done it before. If not, don't expect to do this in a weekend.

No one here is going to take the time to give you a blow by blow account of how to replace your engine. Likewise, no one can tell you if $750 is a good deal or not. FWIW I paid $750 shipped for a 4.0 with 45K miles. If you're competent with tools and working on your rig, this is something you can do, but the questions you've asked are going to lead people to believe you don't have the skills.

ROCKETMAN wasnt helping the situation, now that being said. This thread did help me out alot. Lately ive been on naxja just messing around and its a really good site. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Tyquan said:
ROCKETMAN wasnt helping the situation, now that being said. This thread did help me out alot. Lately ive been on naxja just messing around and its a really good site. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Hey man carfax is going to be your friend. Ask everyone selling the 4.0 for the VIN of the vehicle the motor coming out of. By law junk yards are suppose to have at least that infomation on the motor or part itself. (stops chop shops) pay your 20 dolla carfax unlimited and take the next month to look for a quality motor.
Also, i would buy one with out seeing it run first. (or a warranty). Small shit too take oil filler cap and if you feel consistant air flowing (while its running) walk away !!!
;)

96_Busted_XJ said:
Hey man carfax is going to be your friend. Ask everyone selling the 4.0 for the VIN of the vehicle the motor coming out of. By law junk yards are suppose to have at least that infomation on the motor or part itself. (stops chop shops) pay your 20 dolla carfax unlimited and take the next month to look for a quality motor.
Also, i would buy one with out seeing it run first. (or a warranty). Small shit too take oil filler cap and if you feel consistant air flowing (while its running) walk away !!!
;)

That's what I was thinking too. I've been working on my townhouse trying to get it ready to put on the market because I'm moving into a new house in a month. Anyways for $29 you can run as many carfax reports as you want, this way you can track how many times if any the vehicle failed emmissions, or whatnot from DMV records, accidents, etc. It's like $20 or 25 to run just one report so just pay for the $29 and run as many as you want. I think this is a good investment, unless you decide to pay a little more and get one rebuild and warrantied. It's kind of hard to know what used motor you are getting, running a carfax on the vehicle's vin would give you more piece of mind, but not tell you the whole story. I think it's better to get one from a low mileage vehicle that was T-boned or hit in the back and totaled, you could really score a nice motor that way.

Good luck.

Big Red said:
That's what I was thinking too. I've been working on my townhouse trying to get it ready to put on the market because I'm moving into a new house in a month. Anyways for $29 you can run as many carfax reports as you want, this way you can track how many times if any the vehicle failed emmissions, or whatnot from DMV records, accidents, etc. It's like $20 or 25 to run just one report so just pay for the $29 and run as many as you want. I think this is a good investment, unless you decide to pay a little more and get one rebuild and warrantied. It's kind of hard to know what used motor you are getting, running a carfax on the vehicle's vin would give you more piece of mind, but not tell you the whole story. I think it's better to get one from a low mileage vehicle that was T-boned or hit in the back and totaled, you could really score a nice motor that way.

Good luck.

Yea bro mainly if they try to say that its got x miles and it dosen't. It should show the last reported miles on the last title transfer or re-eg

Back