• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle relocation brackets!! YAY!

I installed mine on the outside of the OE shackle box and had to cut it up a bit to get it to fit. I did use some galvanized pipe as a crush sleeve. I didn't weld the new boxes to the body but I did weld the two pieces together.

:rattle: I guess i'm the odd-ball. Well, maybe if i'm bored one day i'll take'em out and re-do them, but I see no point in doing so if they're not causing me any problems.

I haven't seen this anywhere so here's a comparison showing droop before and after

Here are two showing the rear at full droop before the shackle boxes.
TJ_Flares1.jpg

DSCI0175.jpg

Here's a good one showing the (lack of) droop on the passenger's side
DSCI0145.jpg

Here's a good shot showing the driver's side droop now:
2011-03-07151057.jpg

Here's the XJ after the boxes. Too high in the rear.
2011-03-07150430.jpg

2011-03-07150450.jpg

Some more poser flex shots:
(you can see the wife's WJ with 2" lift in this one!
2011-03-07151114.jpg

2011-03-07152430.jpg

2011-03-07152445.jpg

2011-03-07151036.jpg

Added a 1.5" of lift to the front

After extra lift in the front.
2011-03-07152636.jpg

2011-03-07152656.jpg

I got mine! great quality. very happy with my purchase. perfect answer to leveling out the back and better shackle angle.

finally got these things installed and they are very beefy! there were a couple fitment issues, but nothing a quick hit with a grinder could't take care of.

overall i have to say its a great product, made my shackle angle 10x better, and rides noticeably smoother on the road.

great product!

finally got these things installed and they are very beefy! there were a couple fitment issues, but nothing a quick hit with a grinder could't take care of.

overall i have to say its a great product, made my shackle angle 10x better, and rides noticeably smoother on the road.

great product!

your jeep pretty much just sucked. missing sheet metal and whatnot

Quick question, I'm sitting exactly where I want to in the back end right now. So, I have a couple options to correct the lift a set of these may bring. (In the mail now)

Option 1:
Currently running 1.5" extended shackles in the rear. I could go back to the stock shackle.

or

Option 2:
I could remove a leaf from my Bastard Pack...

Thoughts?

Quick question, I'm sitting exactly where I want to in the back end right now. So, I have a couple options to correct the lift a set of these may bring. (In the mail now)

Option 1:
Currently running 1.5" extended shackles in the rear. I could go back to the stock shackle.

or

Option 2:
I could remove a leaf from my Bastard Pack...

Thoughts?

From my experience bastard packs have been known to ride pretty stiff, so if it were me I would remove a leaf and keep the shackle for more flex. That's just me thou.

On the other side if you carry a lot of gear it could make your ride to soft.

Back