• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SF South Bay 4x4 Alignment shops

GoBig06

NAXJA Forum User
After countless hours of blood, sweat and tears I've finally finished installing my 4.5" RE lift kit!! Now I need to get it aligned properly as I don't think my track bar, upper control arms and sway bar are properly adjusted. Right now I've only found Arabia's Overkill in Campbell and 4 wheel parts in San Jose. Are there any other reputable 4x4 alignment shops in the south bay? I can't drive on the highway because my gears are brand new and can't go over 50 MPH until they get about 100 miles in them so I'm stuck to local shops in the south bay. Also anyone know the cost for 4x4 alignments and tire mounting+balancing?

Congratulations on getting it together.

Sway bar: absolutely nothing to adjust. The kit should have come with new, longer links.
Front axle camber: nothing to adjust.
Rear axle: only adjustable pinion angle via shims, shackles, or welding perches. Cheap angle finder from the hardware store.
Track bar: set Jeep at ride height. Measure how far from center the front axle is. Adjust. Tape measure.
Front axle caster: lots of write ups. Use your same cheap angle finder from before.
Front axle toe-in: lots of write ups. Tape measure. Set your toe, then center the steering wheel.

There is a shop on San Carlos I take my cars to called "just tires" and have a big kumho tires sign on there. I have taken stuff from an old 59 rambler to my Jeep and the guys do a good job and I haven't had a problem .

If you are heading down San Carlos, 4wheel parts will be on your right, and this place with be further down on the left side. I think I shell out 40/50. For the alignment

I'm in north east San Jose just bellow milpitas. I had new gears (both axles, just stating the obvious)and an Aussie lunch box locker professionally installed and it's making this horrible grinding/clunking noise. I'm gonna try and figure out what's wrong before I try and get it aligned. I just replaced the wheel hub bearings on the passenger side. So I don't think it would be the wheel hubs... it feels like its coming from the front axle.

pop the cover off and inspect the thing. call the gear shop too. grinding wouldnt be an alignment thing.

Last edited:
Back