• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Several Random Questions I have not found answers to.

Here is what I know, windshield guy tested for leaks and there were none in the windshield but there is that spot on either side that lets air escape when he blows compressed air from a can, so if air can get out water can get in. I was thinking I would just seal it and solve problem. How do I determine of its more serious problem or where do I take it? Body shop? Dealer?

Worst case is this an I shouldn't be driving it situation or just a keep an eye on things situation? I am on road only nothing extreme.

Last edited:
Since I am now totally paranoid that I have a big problem, might as well throw this out there, fished this out of a rail under the jeep while I was under there cleaning some rust spots, please at least tell me this isnt another issue?

windows screen capture

Don't be paranoid, you don't have a *big* problem.

And I wouldn't worry about that bolt. I'm not sure where it came from, but nothing is falling off of your car....

well answer this:

*IS* water getting in?

The drivers side carpet was wet and drivers pan had rust, I **assume** that is where it came from but cannot be 100% certain. So I repaired small hole in drivers pan rest was spotless, running carpet free in case I get more water and because I dont need it. I did look under the headliner while shop had it out and the steel under there was spotless. Still at window place so I cant do anything now but worry.

This is just supposed to be a winter beater while my new Camaro is parked. I dont mind fixing things just hoping they can wait for spring and dont cost me a bunch more money....

My mechanic says I am "too engaged" with looking for issues....just want to take care of it properly. So in the short term should I seal it with something or leave it be in case it does need repair?

Last edited:
I wouldnt say you're too engaged, just too worried.

yes, i'd try and seal it up. Just squeeze some RTV in there to plug the hole and see it the water goes away.

Message posted in wrong thread

Back