• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Selling my Jeep

Prowler

NAXJA Forum User
I am not going to bother with fixing this thing again. I don't want to replace the yoke and I don't want to fix the leak.
I'm selling her. That away I can restart after bootcamp and maybe it will give me a chance to get a none rust bucket.

XJLafonda said:
More power to ya! Do what you think is a good idea...just hope you got a car to make it through boot camp o_O

Was that sarcasm? I don't think he is going into the Air Force, so I doubt he will even be allowed to have a car in bootcamp, let-alone much more than the clothes he arrives in. :peace:

Hoboken Hobo said:
Was that sarcasm? I don't think he is going into the Air Force, so I doubt he will even be allowed to have a car in bootcamp, let-alone much more than the clothes he arrives in. :peace:

If he's lucky, he might get a car when he's in his MOS school, depending on the MOS, but it's highly unlikely.

Isn't he headed to the USMC? I'm sure he'll be intimately familiar with his surroundings without needing to use a car to get around.

Edit: Hope your opinion on mexican-americans changes, you're gonna shower with them soon enough . . . And some of them aren't even citizens.

Prowler said:
Screw the beaners, they took things to far, and ruined it for the good ones. I have no respect for them. And screw "they were born here crap" If they want to be American by birth then they better damn well respect our Country and our customs!

:piratefla

Last edited:
RedHeep said:
If he's lucky, he might get a car when he's in his MOS school, depending on the MOS, but it's highly unlikely.

Isn't he headed to the USMC? I'm sure he'll be intimately familiar with his surroundings without needing to use a car to get around.

Indeed. He will be issued LPC's that will take him everywhere he needs to go, unless he is lucky enough to ride in the cattle car from time to time. :greensmok

Hoboken Hobo said:
Indeed. He will be issued LPC's that will take him everywhere he needs to go, unless he is lucky enough to ride in the cattle car from time to time. :greensmok

The only bus I rode in at Parris Island was the one that dropped me off the first night.

RedHeep said:
The only bus I rode in at Parris Island was the one that dropped me off the first night.

Same. But to get out to the Vehicle Recovery Course at Ft. LostInTheWoods, MO.... the put us in a "cattle car"... a semi-trailer really meant for cattle. I think most of us would have rather marched. Damned death traps. Now that I think about it, that was in AIT, not boot camp. LPC's all the way. :wierd:

Hoboken Hobo said:
Same. But to get out to the Vehicle Recovery Course at Ft. LostInTheWoods, MO.... the put us in a "cattle car"... a semi-trailer really meant for cattle. I think most of us would have rather marched. Damned death traps. Now that I think about it, that was in AIT, not boot camp. LPC's all the way. :wierd:

I think that's why I went aviation, no more marching :)

Actually all...My MOS is Motor T! I will be driving! Then 2 years of that when I am eligable to change jobs I am going to scoot over to full time infantry.
(Thats my plan)

But also, today I just had a second thought. I just can't seem to let my baby go. The Prowler is staying and I will just fix it so it runs until boot. Then when I get time and money I will make it even better!

Prowler said:
Actually all...My MOS is Motor T! I will be driving! Then 2 years of that when I am eligable to change jobs I am going to scoot over to full time infantry.
(Thats my plan)

But also, today I just had a second thought. I just can't seem to let my baby go. The Prowler is staying and I will just fix it so it runs until boot. Then when I get time and money I will make it even better!

You can't lateral move into infantry. Whomever told you that is lying to you.

You can't process a lateral move until your first enlistment is completed and you reenlist. Then you can only lateral move from an MOS that has no reenlistment quotas into one that has quotas available.

One of my nco's just had his wife recalled from the inactive ready reserve to active duty. She's a driver. If they're recalling former Marines into that MOS, I'd find it highly unlikely they'd let you move to another MOS.

The only way to be infantry is to join with an infantry contract. If that's what you want to do, you need to see your recruiter.

Thats the thing, infantry is full for when I leave. So they said after 2 years I can go to a certain type of recruiter or what ever for when you are already enlisted and you can work out your plans then.'
It has to be some percent over to switch or something.

RedHeep said:
You can't lateral move into infantry. Whomever told you that is lying to you.

You can't process a lateral move until your first enlistment is completed and you reenlist. Then you can only lateral move from an MOS that has no reenlistment quotas into one that has quotas available.

One of my nco's just had his wife recalled from the inactive ready reserve to active duty. She's a driver. If they're recalling former Marines into that MOS, I'd find it highly unlikely they'd let you move to another MOS.

The only way to be infantry is to join with an infantry contract. If that's what you want to do, you need to see your recruiter.
ASAP. There wont be much motivation to change in now; they already have your commitment.

Prowler said:
Thats the thing, infantry is full for when I leave. So they said after 2 years I can go to a certain type of recruiter or what ever for when you are already enlisted and you can work out your plans then.'

You don't have to take my word for it if you don't want. But you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Recruiters are very good at telling you what you want to hear without lying to you. If you want to be an infantryman, you need to go with an infantry contract. Otherwise, you'll be just another Marine that's pissed off because his recruiter screwed him over. The truth is the only person to blame would be yourself.

They're talking about a career planner, not a recruiter. I'm getting ready to reenlist in November and just got done reading the career retention manual cover to cover. There is no such "2 year" exception to any of the lateral move regulations.

Like I said, the only way you'll get out of motor t is if there's no quotas to reenlist and there's quotas in another MOS you qualify for. Anything else is simply bullshit. But then again, I've only been doing this for 11 years, I've got lots to learn. :cheers:

Prowler said:

Excellent job of homework you dun thar, Sparky. :yelclap:

Prowler said:
Trust me, I believe you. So what can I do if infantry is not opened for when I ship?

Wait for an infantry slot to open, push your date. Tell them you won't go unless they change it.

Prowler said:
What is EOD?

Explosive Ordnance Disposal.

It's not only the guys that get to blow stuff up, they get to do it while people are shooting at them. Don't forget to check for all your fingers and toes when you're done.

Back