• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seeking Conversation

sidriptide said:
hey thanks Cshontz.. the other rig is far less attractive, but i am less afraid of hurting it... i don't know why i didn't post a pic before...
hey RJ... it looks so......... umm.... stationwagonesque.... looking at the old pics doesnt it?

Hehehe, yeah that's 2" inches of lift and some CRAAAAAAAZY flexin!

My vents are of a later Pontiac GTP...I have PN's if youd like!

I have a stock '90 Limited with all the aches and pains of a 13 year old rig with 154,000 and I still beat the snot out of it as often as I can. It's amazing where you can go with just a stock XJ and a little knowledge of trail driving. I've only been stuck once and that's because I had street tires and I last through the mud pit.

Is anyone from the NYC/Long Island area?

there is a pic posted in TOZOVR's post in this forum titled HOW MANY PEICES OF FLARE DO YOU HAVE? thats RJ's rig...
mike

Hey Chris, I just ordered a 3.5reSF from you guys.(OK 4WD) maybe Mike will get us a discount for two of them.:)( I'm sure your employee discount is better).
I was toying also with the lift of choice and decided with the 3.5 and 31's.
Later,
Frank

Jersey Jeeper said:
Hey Chris, I just ordered a 3.5reSF from you guys.(OK 4WD) maybe Mike will get us a discount for two of them.:)( I'm sure your employee discount is better).
I was toying also with the lift of choice and decided with the 3.5 and 31's.
Later,
Frank

Right on, Frank! Let me know how that goes! - and post pics if you can. I'm not going to be able to purchase a suspension quite yet, but I'm still trying to decide what to get.

I took the stock Cherokee wheelin for the first time last Saturday, and had a blast!

f9ea568a.jpg

cshontz said:
Right on, Frank! Let me know how that goes! - and post pics if you can. I'm not going to be able to purchase a suspension quite yet, but I'm still trying to decide what to get.

I took the stock Cherokee wheelin for the first time last Saturday, and had a blast!

f9ea568a.jpg

Chris, It flexes awesome stock!!! Where were ya wheelin? I'll fur sure put it on OK's Reader rides site.It's in there already. I've got the one on there that has the, Only Jeep Owners Can Have This Much Fun billboard with the yellow XJ my family and the American flag in the background..It's from Camp Jeep.
You should try to get there if ya can this year..;)
Later Frank

camp_jeep_only_jeep_owners.jpg

Cool, Frank! I look forward to the pictures of your rig with the new lift installed. Don't forget to post them!

My wife Jen and I were talking about attending Camp Jeep. I've been to Camp Jeep in 1998, and again in 2001, but for work, not really as a participant. We'd really like to take our 1 year old son. That's a great suggestion, Frank! :)

cshontz said:
camp_jeep_only_jeep_owners.jpg

Cool, Frank! I look forward to the pictures of your rig with the new lift installed. Don't forget to post them!

My wife Jen and I were talking about attending Camp Jeep. I've been to Camp Jeep in 1998, and again in 2001, but for work, not really as a participant. We'd really like to take our 1 year old son. That's a great suggestion, Frank! :)

Yea my kids had a great time. So much to do,if your bored it's your fault!!
My son hated "The stinky mud":) We got reservations at the KOA in Charlottsville 30 min. away. If ya want the info I send it your way.

As for stock wheeling a friend who goes with us has a 92 stock 2-door with bald tires, 4 cyl, and a 5 spd and i must say i was very impressed on his first time out. I run a 2"BB with 30" AT's and love it, i wheeled stock for a while but this is definatly better. Another friend has a Black Diamond 3" kit with 235's and he doesnt have anymore lift than i do, he was pissed he spent so much more. Needless to say we represent the Cherokees very well in our little group. Pic shows more dodge than anything but u can see the group in the background.

Actually we did have to pull him out on more than one occasion. Those rams with the off-road package do go though. But like we always tell him, Only in a Jeep.

Hey Dudes,
I got my RE3.5sf just waiting for my OME LongTravels and my RE1" tcase drop from DPG Off Road. Hopefully before Friday.Then it's going in fur sure Fri.night..
Later,
frank

Hey all,
Well it's in the RE3.5SF... Went in very easy, took me and one other guy to do it in 6 hours. I'm not allowed to put in pictures so you'll just have to imagine it!!
I have some DS vibes,so i need to shim the axle to see if that does it..
Drives great no Death Wobble or anything!!!!
Later,
Frank

Here it is CSHONTZ . Don't have any wheeling shots yet just some posers!!!
Before
pic02-ORIG.jpg

After:3.5RE SF,OME Long Travel,31x10.5x15 BFG ATs,15x8 Rock Crawlers
Watch Out Camp Jeep!!!
dcp_0610.jpg

looks great.. and the yellow is growing on me too.. i didnt like it when it first hit the market but i'm kinda diggin' it now...

mike

Hey thanks Mike,
I loved the color as soon as I saw it!! There's a few around here where I live.
There's one with a 4.5RE and 32s. Look like twins driving around.. He better not do something bad and have the cops looking for my XJ!!!!
Later,
Frank

Back