• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats

Greasemunky13

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not a big fan of the comfortability of the oem '89 xj seats. Is there oem seats of another vehicle that will mount in that would be more comfortable?

Minor mods for ZJ and WJ seats. Or, splurge on a nice single/pair of suspension seats.

Minor mods for ZJ and WJ seats. Or, splurge on a nice single/pair of suspension seats.

Suspension seats for in a XJ? Do say more.

I have seen a few of the offroading type seats that are real nice, but never a suspension seat.

Edit, ordered a set. Hope they bolt up quickly. Smitty built XCR is what I got.

Last edited:
i swapped in early model ZJ seats with little effort, used some flat bar for the back brackets, and angle iron for the front brackets, and i could adapt the bolt pattern to the XJ floor bolts.
pretty easy

i swapped in early model ZJ seats with little effort, used some flat bar for the back brackets, and angle iron for the front brackets, and i could adapt the bolt pattern to the XJ floor bolts.
pretty easy

I believe HO-era XJ brackets have the same bolt pattern for the seats to mount to as the ZJ. So,typically plug n play. At least for manual seats.

Back