• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat help

xjrhd07

NAXJA Forum User
i have been doing some research about seats, so maybe someone can help clarify.
i have a 94 xj rhd and looking to get a front passenger seat. i need everything as i do not have tracks our anything to reference.

what i have found is most people are saying anything 94 or older should be a direct bolt.

i would like to hear what your thoughts are about this. any advice is welcome.

thanks.

Correct. The seat bracket style changed in 95.

When I had a 94, I got some adapters welded together out of angle iron and used those to mount ZJ seats to the 94 and down style brackets.

I'm looking to swap in ZJ seats into my '93. If I'm understanding correctly, early ZJ seats (model year '93 and '94) would bolt up to the '94 and earlier seat bases, while newer will need to be adapted?

Can '95+ ZJ seat bases be adapted to fit the '94 and earlier XJ?

I'm sure finding early ZJ seats in decent condition would not be an easy task, maybe even impossible within reasonable distance... There are however several later ZJs with decent seats in my local U-Pulls

I'm looking to swap in ZJ seats into my '93. If I'm understanding correctly, early ZJ seats (model year '93 and '94) would bolt up to the '94 and earlier seat bases, while newer will need to be adapted?

Can '95+ ZJ seat bases be adapted to fit the '94 and earlier XJ?

I'm sure finding early ZJ seats in decent condition would not be an easy task, maybe even impossible within reasonable distance... There are however several later ZJs with decent seats in my local U-Pulls

I don't think the early ZJ's were on the same bases as the 94 and down XJ's. Never seen anything about that in 15+ years in the XJ world.

95+ ZJ seats can be adapted. As I said before I had some welded up to do it. Basically 4 pieces of angle iron. If you have the XJ base and the ZJ seat in front of you its pretty self explanatory.

Now if you want to adapt the ZJ seat bracket to the 94 and earlier I've seen that done too, but it involves drilling holes in your floor, adding a piece of tube as a new channel to bolt to, and it certainly doesn't look factory. I'm also not sure I'd want my seats being bolted through a spot in the unibody they weren't designed to.

Back