• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seafoam? Worth it?

To each their own, but even if the Seafoam does vaporize, it loosens up so much crap that the oil is nasty afterwards. I always change the oil after I Seafoam and what comes out is disgusting, black, swamp water. There's no way I would leave that in there. This is usually on engines with over 200K.
Yes but if he has used sea foam from day one (which he has) how would there be that much crap in the motor? I suppose you could say it's a preventative measure.

I understand and that works for him. The original post for this thread was from a guy with a 88 with 260K. Alot of people have picked up their Jeeps used with alot of miles and maybe the last owners didn't always keep up the maintanance so that's what I was talking about.

I do NOT recommend running this is your crankcase for more than 500-1000 miels max. Best time to do it in your engine oil is shortly before oil change. In the tank and thru the brake booster vacuum line any time you want.

Back