• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scrambler project

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
My son wants to build a Scrambler, ideal purchase would be a very clean and straight frame with VIN/Title and very salvagable body tub.

Cash, trade for rustfree YJ frame, tub and hardtop, or 03 Suzuki GSXR600 with extra's.

PM me if you have something worth consideration.

John, search craigslist in ct, there is one for 1800 most of the cab/bed has been touched up it looks like, i was going to check it out if I had the time

Yeah, son sent him an email. Looks a bit too rough.

If the bike sells he is considering an Aqualu tub.. and a decent frame locally.

Jesus Christ! Those tubs are expensive! I guess it requires a lot of work to make them but still! 8 grand for a "Quad Cab" Jeep tub and a "Bed"?

$4K for a standard 8 tub is close to a repo steel or glass tub. It's a no brainer in our eyes for a scratch built project that will be a very long term rig.

But yeah, CJ8 stuff is through the roof still, even with the economy. Good thing is all we need is a tub and frame..then a top of some sort.

We just bought a brand new Scrambler tub and other body parts from an unfinished project in NY. Gonna run up in the next week or two and grab it. Bonus it includes the title and VIN plate.

Still on the hunt for a mint frame, or we will end up buying one custom built for the project from TDK.

Thanks Jake..

AA6F27CC-660B-416F-A8CA-17503DC480C1.jpg

Sweet! No Body work! That's the kind of project I need!

I'll need to patch the CJ fuel inlet on pass rear and cut it into the rear drivers side. But that should be the extent of it..

Clean that shop up John GEEZ.... making my OCD twitch.

(Cool father/son project man...)

I can imagine.. :laugh3:

Sellers pic.. Gary runs to NY in the am to bring it home.

Oh...ok. Youre off the hook for now.

OBTW, I was meeting Hilldweller (Bill) for breakfast this morning at a local Waffle House on our way to scout out some new areas for upcoming camping events, and came back outside to see this thing parked next to me. It was friggin sweet man... the guy came out after a while and we chatted, has it locked front and rear, did all the work himself on it. It was is near perfect shape.

I snapped a quick cell phone picture to give you and your boy some motivation!

IMG_20120129_100611.jpg

Back