• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Sheetmetal donor for an enclosed cab XJ->truggy conversion project

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I've got what's left of a very rusty MJ here. Basically just the B pillars/cab back and roof, the vehicle was cut at the frame rails right behind the cab and across the A pillars and windshield. No VIN, of course, since there are no VIN tags on it. Comes with a slider rear window. What's here is pretty much rust free, what isn't here was junk.

It'd be excellent to re-enclose an XJ that's had the back half of the roof cut off, but that's about it. Who wants it? Free if I've wheeled with you before, otherwise, join UJ (or MassKrawlers, or DWE, or any other NEA4WD club for that matter) and come wheeling with us and it's free. :eeks1:

I was going to use it to repair my badly rock/tree munched rotted MJ but since I got a new job I just don't have that kind of free time available anymore, and I realized I'd still have a rotted out patchwork POS full of MIG wire even if I spent a month worth of evenings sticking things back together. So I bought a replacement MJ chassis. Now I have no reason to keep this thing around, but it's pretty clean/straight so I'd feel bad scrapping it.

Located in Southbridge MA.

No Ken! Don't get rid of all the good stuff!!!

I am still keeping all the total shit I intend to actually put on my jeep at some point in the next decade, don't worry.

Is it really selling if it's free?

PS this has Bobby's name all over it!

Hahah, fair enough.

Ross, remember that my neighbor is still being a dick about the road, so if you take the trailer down back you are backing it uphill on the way out. I still have the crane on the MJ so if you park up where you guys loaded Doug/Billy's old red 2dr, I can bring it up there easily enough.

drivers side bed side, forward of the wheel well.

Nasty or salvageable? Cause a piece of metal would probably be easier than fixing the big assed dent in mine.

That isn't up for grabs - the frame rails were cut right behind the cab when I got it. I kinda got this MJ on the installment plan...
I have the bed and frame too, but they are becoming a trailer, I am not cutting them up.

well if you don't find a home for that sliding rear window I will figure out a way to retrieve it.

I'd like to have a spare, and a latch that works...

funny to see this come up in a search, seeing as it went from Eagle to Billy to me to Ross to justpunchit and finally actually got welded onto something instead of being yard art.

Are you searching for another sawzall-ed up Comanche??? I've got a 90 I'm looking to make disappear!

I prefer them unsawzalled. What's the price whole and what are the specs? This the one with no title? Friend of mine wants one and his parents just so happen to live in VT...

Back