• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scotty got beamed up today...

JohnJohn

Member #42
doohan.jpg

1920 to 2005

"I'm given it oooll she's got ceptain"

Things I didn't know about him:

Stormed the beach in Normandy and was shot 6 times that day.
Wasn't really Irish, born in Vancouver, without any accent.

Last edited:
I read that as well. Kinda sad. I guess the Alzheimer's has been really bad the past few years for him.

JohnJohn said:
doohan.jpg

1920 to 2005

"I'm given it oooll she's got ceptain"

Things I didn't know about him:

Stormed the beach in Normandy and was shot 6 times that day.
Wasn't really Irish, born in Vancouver, without any accent.

:(

bummer. He was my favorite Star Trek guy.

at least he got the best name on the show.

"Scott"

My favorite episode was called Dysan Sphere and was where he ended up with Jordi trying to get the ship running. Jordi gave Picard a time estimate and then Scotty asked him how long it was really going to take. Jordi said it was going to take the actual time he quoted. Scotty came back and said that you should always say longer, that way you end up the hero. Which would explain how he always got it done in less time.

The Federation would have been lost if it were not for Scotty.

:tear:

old_man said:
My favorite episode was called Dysan Sphere and was where he ended up with Jordi trying to get the ship running. Jordi gave Picard a time estimate and then Scotty asked him how long it was really going to take. Jordi said it was going to take the actual time he quoted. Scotty came back and said that you should always say longer, that way you end up the hero. Which would explain how he always got it done in less time.

I'll have to try that at work...

DAMN! Hate to see the pioners go! He was one of my favorits as well!

red91inWA said:
you don't already ? and your an ENGINEER ??? Hang your head in shame young man...

My current SOP is to tell them what they want to hear and then make up excuses later. I am a smoke & mirrors expert at the dog & pony show. I guess I lack the honor & integrity that Fergie has.

Lawn Cher' said:
My current SOP is to tell them what they want to hear and then make up excuses later. I am a smoke & mirrors expert at the dog & pony show. I guess I lack the honor & integrity that Fergie has.

Read Dilbert more often. You remind me of him. ACUTALLY you remind me of Wally.

icon_wally.gif

Thats your new NICKNAME. Wally....I like it :D You can use it for an avatar.

red91inWA said:
Read Dilbert more often. You remind me of him. ACUTALLY you remind me of Wally.

icon_wally.gif

Thats your new NICKNAME. Wally....I like it :D You can use it for an avatar.

Don't mind if I do.

Lawn Cher' said:
I am a smoke & mirrors expert at the dog & pony show.

hmmmmmm. that explains some.

and a moment of silence for Scotty!

And his classic 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'....words to live by..

Back