• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Schiavo gone at 9:05 a.m today

Having no sound on my comp, I'll wager to say that is the one where moans and makes some noise, correct?

Here is my take on it, and the whole situation, callous or not:

Ms. Schiavo is dead. I feel a small amount of sadness for her parents. I hope I never have to go through anything such as that, nor put anyone through that....whoa hey my tummy is rumbling...time for a snack.

In regards to the protestors....GET A FREAKING LIFE! This isn't, nor was it your fight/cause/latest LSD induced hallucination.

Now, where is my change for some Sun Chips?

Fergie

Urban Redneck said:
Note to Churchlady:
People don't read longassed posts. Cliff notes, please.

Fergie said:
I'm NOT reading any of that. Post your own thoughts will ya!

Fergie
X2 so i guess thats four

i'll listen to it when i get home, no speakers at work

edit

You must spread some Rock Rash around before giving it to Fergie again
wow laughing at your last post made me feel like such an ass, but damnit it was funny

Fergie said:
I'm NOT reading any of that. Post your own thoughts will ya!

Fergie

Fergie & Urban, I suggest that this is why you think the way you do about the Schiavo horror. The price of volunteering an opinion--which you both have done--is that have in your possession your reasons for holding that opinion and can produce them when asked. Since neither you nor I have personal knowledge of the Schindler/Schiavo families, our opinions are based on our study of the case, which involves reading.

But as you'll see in an intervening post, I've given you a less strenuous option.

TRNDRVR said:
??? He only had one wife. Where do you get "BIGAMIST"?

Living in Utah, you'd be a subject matter expert, right?

Maybe in cases like this there should be an advocate appointed that can over rule the guardian. Taking the husbands side, how long should he have to support her and maintain her and spend his life, at least a person married to a military spouse has only 7 years of MIA to deal with before they can get on with their life, this guy did not have even that. This may seem cold but from PERSONAL experience I have seen TWO people waste their ENTIRE lives because their mate [both were women whose husbands were brain damaged], both spent over 25 years of not re-marrying, not raising a family, just working and visting and supporting the medical bills. One required feeding the other had the mind of a 2 or 3 year old if that.
The way they handled her, Terri's case, was cruel and barbaric and the only thing I can say about the judge is he does not have a hair on his ass and lacked the guts to go see for himself, he should be removed from the bench for that. Justice may be blind but it should not be stupid.
The other thing that bothers me is that florida is still at heart a redneck oldboy state, I wonder what the decision would have been if terri had been a male... Just my .02

Churchlady said:
Here's a shortcut for the reading-impaired who couldn't spare the time for my previous Magnum Opus. It's a tape of Terri S. with her father Friday two weeks ago, the day her feediing tube was disconnected. I dare any of you "Whoopie, good riddance!" crowd to watch or listen to it.

http://treyjackson.typepad.com/junction/2005/03/terri_speaks.html

"Recorded by Terri's father Robert Schindler 11-29-02."
Where is the video from two weeks ago?

Unfortunately, the video doesn't show the whole picture.

Why do all the sympathizers suggest she's asking to be saved? Maybe she's requesting someone to pull the tube?

R.I.P. Terry.

RichP said:
Taking the husbands side, how long should he have to support her and maintain her and spend his life, at least a person married to a military spouse has only 7 years of MIA to deal with before they can get on with their life, this guy did not have even that. This may seem cold but from PERSONAL experience I have seen TWO people waste their ENTIRE lives because their mate [both were women whose husbands were brain damaged], both spent over 25 years of not re-marrying, not raising a family, just working and visting and supporting the medical bills.

Rich, the BIG difference here is that she had a large devoted family begging her husband for years (after he did his Jekyll & Hyde thing and started forbidding tests and therapy--even treatment for infections) to divorce her and let them take full responsibility--including financial--for her care.

Fergie said:
Having no sound on my comp, I'll wager to say that is the one where moans and makes some noise, correct?

Here is my take on it, and the whole situation, callous or not:

Ms. Schiavo is dead. I feel a small amount of sadness for her parents. I hope I never have to go through anything such as that, nor put anyone through that....whoa hey my tummy is rumbling...time for a snack.

In regards to the protestors....GET A FREAKING LIFE! This isn't, nor was it your fight/cause/latest LSD induced hallucination.

Now, where is my change for some Sun Chips?

Fergie

Well said Fergie.I agree 100%. :thumbup:

Ronbo said:
"Recorded by Terri's father Robert Schindler 11-29-02."
Where is the video from two weeks ago?

You are right. I gave the wrong URL. I'll find the tape from two weeks ago and post it. It was played over and over by Matt Drudge on his Sun.night radio show last week, and last I checked, the sites that carry it have all crashed under the continuing overload.

If you can have any doubt that she is trying answering his questions ("Do your legs hurt? Does your stomach hurt", etc.) one by one with two distinctly different sounds--several times clearly a "Yes" or "No", your ears are even worse than mine.

Last edited:
Damn, that's scary.

If this isn't fake she sounds pretty responsive to me.

r@m

anyone who thinks she is giving responses to the questions being asked to her in those clips is obviously retarded. all she is responding to is noise. she hears noise so she makes noise. you can try and make those noises into whatever you want them to sound like. similar to looking at clouds and seeing a giraffe or a car in them. its all in your imagination. somebody says something to her and she moans back. thats all there is to it. thats why the doctors said she was in a PVS. suck it up. shes gone. life goes on. im sorry for her family but stuff like this happens every day all over the world. GAY PEOPLE ARE GETTING MARRIED FOLKS!!!! THATS WHERE THE REAL FOCUS SHOULD BE!!!! if you wanna protest something......go protest that!!!

olivedrabcj7 said:
anyone who thinks she is giving responses to the questions being asked to her in those clips is obviously retarded. all she is responding to is noise. she hears noise so she makes noise. you can try and make those noises into whatever you want them to sound like. similar to looking at clouds and seeing a giraffe or a car in them. its all in your imagination. somebody says something to her and she moans back. thats all there is to it. thats why the doctors said she was in a PVS. suck it up. shes gone. life goes on. im sorry for her family but stuff like this happens every day all over the world. GAY PEOPLE ARE GETTING MARRIED FOLKS!!!! THATS WHERE THE REAL FOCUS SHOULD BE!!!! if you wanna protest something......go protest that!!!
With a post like that I wouldn't go around calling people retarded...

While we are at it let's segregate public institutions and take away the right for women to vote. Better yet, reclass them back as property with the cattle.

Oops, was that out loud. Bad fingers.

r@m

olivedrabcj7 said:

How does that directly affect your life? Live and let live.

bring on the segregation!!!

Back