• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SCF 2019; what worked, what didn't?

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
The first thing that comes to mind for me is that the lighting was an after thought on my part. I literally didn't think about it until the truck was loaded and I was ready to go.

Getting a drum specifically designed to tumble raffle tickets would definitely be a plus. It's on the list for next year.

We didn't have a thread regarding communications for the runs.

It has been mentioned the using one color of raffle tickets would be an improvement.

Having a large supply of firewood for those who wanted to warm up during the raffle, or hang out afterwards was definitely a plus.

I could probably think of a few more things but I'm looking for input from others, fire away.

Last edited:
Preregistration is easier if we have volunteers for leading.

Maybe a bigger incentive to lead? Free shirt?

I lead a run every year, honestly not for the free dinner....but maybe more incentive would motivate others who are on the fence about it.

If we are going to have snow then it should at least be enough snow to have a snowball fight. This year's snow was just enough to make a mess of things, but not enough to have any fun with.

If we are going to have snow then it should at least be enough snow to have a snowball fight. This year's snow was just enough to make a mess of things, but not enough to have any fun with.

But it was still snow. With that in mind I think changing the name of the event might be in order.

:dunno:

Last edited:
I am certain that if we printed up SnowCalFest T-shirts we would not get any snow. That's how my world works.

On the "What worked?" front, I have to give credit to Carol for making it possible for me to get a hoodie even though I didn't get it figured out I was coming to the event until 6 days prior to arrival.

And to Mark for sub-letting me a camping spot.

And to Ryan for some awesome Mexican food. My return trips to SoCal have Mexican food high on the priority list. Can't find anything but a poor imitation up here.

And to Ryan for some awesome Mexican food. My return trips to SoCal have Mexican food high on the priority list. Can't find anything but a poor imitation up here.

Try Tacos El Rancho in Middleton. Super Burrito w/spicy pork....better than most of what I've had in SoCal.

Thank you for the tip.

We will have to go check them out. Much closer than SoCal.

I volunteered because no one was leading an easy run which is what I wanted to do (and because the my inner cheapskate likes free dinner).

Preregistration is easier if we have volunteers for leading.

Maybe a bigger incentive to lead? Free shirt?

I lead a run every year, honestly not for the free dinner....but maybe more incentive would motivate others who are on the fence about it.

Back