• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scan tool needed

They passed a law in CA that prevents parts stores from pulling codes for you :soapbox:

true, but you can still borrow the scan tool and do it yourself. The law was passed to keep parts stores from upselling people based on what the code said, when technically the person behind the counter does not need to have any formal training to work there. The law was pushed through by the Better Business Bureau and the Bureau of Automotive Repair to keep people from getting screwed ;)

I work in Anaheim and live in orange. Pm me your number and I'll call you after work if you want.

I went to Pepboys a few weeks ago and they scanned it for me. They won't loan you the tool, they do it for you, free. They will not clear it though.

Is it a missfire?

Doesn't seem to be misfiring.

My XJ has me baffled at the moment. I went by Cals on Tuesday, pulled the codes and then cleared the CEL. I drove it Wed. morning to work, no CEL. Wed after work I started the Jeep and the CEL didn't go out (styaed on). I haven't had the chance to do anything about it. Today I was installing the wiring for a 2m radio, somehow I blew the IOD fuse in the PDC. I had to disconnect the battery (dropped the ground screw under the battery tray) and now the CEL goes off when I start the Jeep, BUT now the interior lights won't go off so I have to pull the fuse in the PDC.

Related? Who the eff knows I'm just frustrated at the moment cause I don't have the time to chase gremlins.

Doesn't seem to be misfiring.

My XJ has me baffled at the moment. I went by Cals on Tuesday, pulled the codes and then cleared the CEL. I drove it Wed. morning to work, no CEL. Wed after work I started the Jeep and the CEL didn't go out (styaed on). I haven't had the chance to do anything about it. Today I was installing the wiring for a 2m radio, somehow I blew the IOD fuse in the PDC. I had to disconnect the battery (dropped the ground screw under the battery tray) and now the CEL goes off when I start the Jeep, BUT now the interior lights won't go off so I have to pull the fuse in the PDC.

Related? Who the eff knows I'm just frustrated at the moment cause I don't have the time to chase gremlins.
So what was the code?

Current codes are
P0132
P0138

Plenty of info here on NAXJA to start trouble shooting.

Blown fuse in the PDC, replaced and got my cruise control back, plus no CEL so far. I'll get under there and make sure the wiring is OK.

Back