• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scale XJ offroader

bjoehandley said:
I'll take my electrics anyday.......

Anybody ever hit themselves mid flight with their trucks?:doh:

Nope. But close, my cousin thought it would be ok to let his son try his out, had good throttle control for a 7 year old... then he hit it wide open and took my cousin in the ankle...

Both have thier pros and cons, especially for different applications. Both are fun, thats for sure.

98XJSport said:
Nope. But close, my cousin thought it would be ok to let his son try his out, had good throttle control for a 7 year old... then he hit it wide open and took my cousin in the ankle...

Done that before too, believe it or not my Electric and Nitro 4-Tecs at well over 30mph hurt less that my E-Pede at 25 mph at the time of impact (the sedans hit the sole of my shoe while the Pede hits my ankle....). I had my new XL-5 Rustler out at a skate park the other day and managed to nearly hit myself mid flight at one point.

Im working on a crawler now with custom made alum. axles, 2 brushless motors, 2 computer programmable speed controllers, portals.........custom made alum wheels........about 3000 in parts ( MY built XJ cost about the same )

Let me know when you get that 1/10th lexan XJ body in production. I will definately get one for my 2.2 tlt I build a couple of months ago. I have the rubicon body on it now, and I've beat it to sh!t.

BTW you should make the lexan extra thick. The body I have now is only .060" thick and is flimsy as hell.

Lonestar said:
Let me know when you get that 1/10th lexan XJ body in production. I will definately get one for my 2.2 tlt I build a couple of months ago. I have the rubicon body on it now, and I've beat it to sh!t.

BTW you should make the lexan extra thick. The body I have now is only .060" thick and is flimsy as hell.

UMMM its supposed to be light and thin. .040 to .060 is the standard, thicker and they crack easier

Wow - old thread. The cheaper, lexan (polycarbonate) bodies are on their way - Proline's XJ:

Proline20Bodies2020Tires206.jpg

I've been in to RC for over 30 years, kinda stay on top of this stuff.

nice. any idea of when it comes out? think they will make a 2 door version?

Back