• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SC 4.6

junkjeep

NAXJA Forum User
So I finally got the supercharger on the stroker. Other than a few bracket mods, some gauge issues and a hole in the hood it is running. My next ? is, what's going to break now? Rear end, transmission, t-case. I'm just a little over the wifes budget but she didn't seem to mind too much. She did complain about the cloud of burning rubber and reminded me how expensive tires are.

It's a 92 xj with an aw4 and a phord 8.8 rear end. The engine is a 4.6 with
comp cam 231
accurate power forged pistons
4.0 rods
24lb injectors
99 intake
Hesco adjustable fuel regulator
ported/polished head
62mm throttle body
12 counterweight 4.2 crank
Performance Distrubutors Fire Power coil,cap,rotor,wires
Banks header
Hesco supercharger (autorotor) with home made mounts

dont you mean 4.2 rods? 4.0 rods require custom pistons, i dont think accurate power makes them w/ the pin set high enough to use a 4.0 rod.... or do they?

tealcherokee said:
dont you mean 4.2 rods? 4.0 rods require custom pistons, i dont think accurate power makes them w/ the pin set high enough to use a 4.0 rod.... or do they?

They did until they went out of business back in April 2005.

must see vid of you roasting tires and your old lady shaking her head.lol

1. How much horsepower and torque do you estimate you are laying down?

2. When are you going to dyno it, i would like to see the dyno numbers on this project. :clap:

I was shooting for about 350hp. I found a web page that had a formula for figuring hp after boost and the numbers said 385hp @ 6psi. I can't find the web site right now, if I find it I will post it for others. I don't think I'll get 385hp out of it, but I won't complain about any thing over 350hp either. You might be that lucky if it only ran in a perfectly controlled environment. I still have some more tuning to do and need to find time to get it to a dyno shop. Hopefully in the next month.

I would think those numbers are within a reasonable possibility...Hesco has built 4.0 strokers in the 700 hp range. Good luck with it!:thumbup:

Back