• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Save me from Grandma

pipes94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Going to make this quick:
Big storm, tree falls down in grandmothers yard. Im suppose to drag it up to the burn pile with my jeep. I don't have a hitch or tow points, STILL. (school sucking the funds outta me)
So, is there anyway I can strap this bad boy up without F'n something up?
I kinda hope something does get messed up, might be what I need to get my project underway finally.

I was mudding one time, got stuck (younger and dumber), and a huge old chevy strapped me up by my left side leaf springs. I protested, thinking he'd rip my axle right out from under me, but he got me out with no problem.

Any ideas?
-other than getting tow/recovery points and then this wouldn't be a problem

Hit up Granny for the $$$ for tow points.

pipes94xj said:
I was mudding one time, got stuck (younger and dumber), and a huge old chevy strapped me up by my left side leaf springs. I protested, thinking he'd rip my axle right out from under me, but he got me out with no problem.

Any ideas?
-other than getting tow/recovery points and then this wouldn't be a problem

Dad and I drug my Lebaron home with me behind the wheel (about 3100lbs combined weight) that way one time with the '88 CHerokee he used to have (died from driving onto an iced over bridge in 2wd and hte insurance wouldn't fix it since it had 210k on it) after the hall effect switch gave out on the car.

I do agree wiht the $100 hook though.

I got pulled like that with the front end in water up to the top of the fender and still slowly sinking and then in mud up to the rockers with out any trouble. If you reallly dont want to spend any money than just take it slow and dont yank on it.

LOWTECH said:
Come on 20$ for a frame mount tow hook

Bad call. You don't just mount tow hooks to you're frame. You need the unibody tie in brackets to disperse the force. I got a set from the dealership for $40 and I got an el cheapo hitch for $120.

As usual you guys are designing for major usage & towing, this guy is only looking for minor one shot stuff. I have had mine on for 3 years now with no problems heck even the trailer hitch I ran for 2 years just mounted to the frame.

LOWTECH said:
As usual you guys are designing for major usage & towing, this guy is only looking for minor one shot stuff. I have had mine on for 3 years now with no problems heck even the trailer hitch I ran for 2 years just mounted to the frame.
so far he's needed a decent tow point 2 times (stuck mudding and this yardwork). IMO, a $100 is a worthy investment. he's needed it once, he'll need it again.

Back