• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday(9July) Night Run up Lawerence Welk

HandBuiltXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody down for a night run up Lawerence Welk this Saturday? A few of my buddies are meeting at 7pm at the AM/PM on Deer Springs and the 15 and heading up. Just a lazy run, but there are obstacles there for the climbing if interest is there. Would be nice to see some new faces and rigs.

John

Good to see you again John! Wife and i had a blast. Forgot how much fun that place is and even better at night.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I thought it was illegal to off road there. I just got an XJ Saturday and looking for a shake down run somewhere close. Desert is just too dang hot right now. If its not illegal and a mild trail I may go check it out.

Matt

I've been up there a number of times and never had a problem one or seen a a sign that says we couldn't be there.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I thought it was illegal to off road there. I just got an XJ Saturday and looking for a shake down run somewhere close. Desert is just too dang hot right now. If its not illegal and a mild trail I may go check it out.

Matt

I have been going up there for 8 years and have never once ran into any trouble. And i have been seen by cops going into there and cops have flown overhead while i was up there and no one has ever gave me any shit.

That being said, common sense applies. Don't be a jackass up there starting campfires, dumping trash, or shooting and not cleaning up your mess and we will hopefully get to continue using it for years to come. Or atleast until the resort starts building up there.

Where you at in Vista Matt? I am by the Library. I could take you up there and show you around. Shoot me a pm with your cell if you are interested and we will set it up.

John

Back