• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

satelite radio question for you audio/sound system guys..

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
i've been a Sirius listener for years and i am thinking about how to put a small, almost invisible sound system in my CJ5.. the dash has a standard place for a head unit but i really dont want to deal with the security headache of removable faceplates and such.. heres my idea but i'm not sure if it will work. i want to use a Sirius Stilletto portable receiver/player.. like this..

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conte...s/CachedPage&c=ProductAsset&cid=1158082417240

the idea would be to have the speakers permanently installed and have a small mount to put the stilletto in and use the installed speakers as if they were a set of headphones.. it will give me my Sirius radio as well as MP3s..

does a unit like this have enough power (or whatever you would call it) to push regular audio speakers? is the wiring even compatible with a headphone jack?
its going to be a loud obnoxious Jeep that will spend most of its time without a top or doors so when i leave it i want to have as little stuff as possible that i need to remove.. so a stilletto would be perfect and no head unit installed will deter theft.. my main goal with this is to get Sirius in the Jeep in as simple a manner as possible.

Not near enough power. Your going to need an amp to drive the 4 speakers. You have to get an adapter to turn your headphone jack into an RCA lead and then an adapter to turn one RCA lead into two RCA leads. You can run a mono-block amp which will be cheap figure under 200$ but you wont be able to adjust left and right and front and back on your speakers. Because you will be running an aftermarket amp to your speakers they will be LOUD. Be sure to get some speakers that can handle the power. Other then that you are home free.

thanks.. i really plan to keep it simple. was thinkin a cheap 50W amp and just 2 speakers in the dash.. i'm not interested in the best sound-quality.. i just want to hear something over the obnoxious engine..

gonna need more than 50 watts man.

Back