• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Santa came early this year!

lowrange2 said:
Wow you paid 750 for some welded up D30 knuckles! You could got forged (Less prone to crack) WJ knuckles and the same brakes for half that! I guess it's a good thing Santa bought them and not you tho huh?
For all new parts it's worth it. I could have done the WJ too but I would have had to source parts and would have ended up with no better braking. I've had the toys by troy crossover steering setup for a couple years and love it, so this made the most sense to me. Try pricing all new parts to do the WJ conversion (except for the knuckles, they're "recylced").:conceited

I did! and Paid about 500 bucks!

I got:
Knuckles - Pick n pull
Remaned Calipers
Brake booster
Master
Discs
Prop valve
ZJ Caliper, brackets, and disc
as well as JKS OAB and spacer for the hubs

Then I spent another 500 on:
Hubs and steering and tracbar parts...

I could have got the EXACT same thing you got except my knuckles would have been forged and not welded for $300

my xmas pile is growing slowly too...the ARB had to be sent back, wrong part!

la-kit.jpg

all you guys suck! santa just sent me bills(n) what a bunch of crap, santa better watch his back on christmas eve, yeah i bet ya hes got lots of toys in that sack. any one know how to drive raindeer???:eyes:

lowrange2 said:
I did! and Paid about 500 bucks!

I got:
Knuckles - Pick n pull
Remaned Calipers
Brake booster
Master
Discs
Prop valve
ZJ Caliper, brackets, and disc
as well as JKS OAB and spacer for the hubs

Then I spent another 500 on:
Hubs and steering and tracbar parts...

I could have got the EXACT same thing you got except my knuckles would have been forged and not welded for $300
Good for you. If I didn't already have crossover steering I might have gone the WJ route, but maybe not. Turning radius is affected with the WJ setup and you're still welding to the WJ knuckles anyways. No problems at all with the welded arm even in deep rocks with 35s, locked, stroked. I have twisted splines on my chromoly axles so I do wheel hard. Anyways, to each his own.

Back to Santa and his gifts.............

corbinafly said:
Good for you. If I didn't already have crossover steering I might have gone the WJ route, but maybe not. Turning radius is affected with the WJ setup and you're still welding to the WJ knuckles anyways. No problems at all with the welded arm even in deep rocks with 35s, locked, stroked. I have twisted splines on my chromoly axles so I do wheel hard. Anyways, to each his own.

Back to Santa and his gifts.............

You still paid twice what I did and I got twice as much stuff. but yeah back to santa!

Santa already brought me the following:

Yukon 4.56 gears
Front Aussie locker
Powertrax rear locker
DPG springs and coils
DPG adjustable rear bumpstops
RE control arm drop brackets
Spidertrax spacers
33 inch Trxus

He's also sending me a new currie heavy duty draglink since I broke mine at the Badlands last weekend.

beavislong said:
Santa already brought me the following:

Yukon 4.56 gears
Front Aussie locker
Powertrax rear locker
DPG springs and coils
DPG adjustable rear bumpstops
RE control arm drop brackets
Spidertrax spacers
33 inch Trxus

He's also sending me a new currie heavy duty draglink since I broke mine at the Badlands last weekend.

You don't need all that stuff! I'll take it all off your hands for 500 bucks! :)

I get a winch bumper and a winch to put on it. I've got the bumper ready to mount. I'll probably wait till after Xmas to buy a winch though. I'll give Santa time to recover from it all.

Hale

Man lots of you guys really got on santa's good side. I would really like to know what you guys are doing to make Santa want to drop off your presents early and spend so much money on you!

Back