• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Rafael Swell Oct 8-11

Alex, I don't feel the need to buy better equipment as a way to make me a better photographer. It's more ghat I have reached a point in my abilities that the equipment I have just isn't doing what I want it to. The style I shoot in or would like to shoot in calls for the ability to shoot wide open. I like to shoot with a very shallow depth of field and a lot of telephoto stuff. A lens that will only opens to F5.6 really cramps my style.

That being said. Stuff like the pic I posted.... It's a lot like looking at an exotic car costing more than my house. It would be fun to own and fun to drool over but I know the chances of owning either are very slim.

I don't know what the legality is but I hope no one ever takes them away. I know they are an eye sore to many but to me it is part of what makes that area so fun to explore. To know that it has probably sit there since it broke down to me adds a sense of mystery. I always see stuff like that and wish I could hear the stories it could tell.

I agree with you. I like looking at all the cool old stuff that you come across while out exploring. Yeah, it's pretty cool to get your imagination going on how or why you think insert object found go there.

Take that old truck with the bullet holes...maybe it was a shine runner who was ambushed by a rebel bandit gang! The rebels came out guns a blazin' and took all their shine...left them for dead! :eek:

Haha...:gee:

Yeah that would be Pat Bonish. I would strongly encourage everyone to check out their website. Www.everymilesamemory.com. Three years ago they sold their house, a sucessful business and everything they owned in order to hit the road and photograph their lifes adventures lving in a ford truck and a 25ft rv. So far they have covered a good portion of the us and Mexico. Their photography work is incredible.

We met them last month when he got wind we were heading to Yellowstone on Expedition portal. We made fast friends and had a great time with them up there. I told him if they ever got to Utah we would like to show them around. Little did I know it would only be a month later.

BTW. When he said he was wheeling with the president of naxja. I think he was a little confused. He was with the president of the IC chapter.

Here are some photos that I took on the trip.

Nuggets Jeep
(That is what Gabby now calls Nanette)
IMG_8998.jpg

Ryan at Copper Globe Mine
IMG_9163.jpg

Group at mine
IMG_9168.jpg

Ryan fixing his Sway Bar
IMG_9158.jpg

Waiting for Ryan to fix his jeep
IMG_9159.jpg

The Wedge overlook
IMG_9154.jpg

Dried mud
IMG_9010.jpg

IMG_9078.jpg

Arch
IMG_9002.jpg

IMG_9004.jpg

Old Truck
IMG_9033.jpg

Truckedit.jpg

Cool over look
IMG_9089.jpg

IMG_9104.jpg

The truck.
OldTruck.jpg

I love runnig across old iron. I found a similar truck in the Panamints a couple years ago, even the same color I think...
standard.jpg

Give's me an idea, there should be an "Old truck/car" thread on here.
I know I got a ton of pics. ;)

Back