• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

saline valley

Yea I remembered the 15 bein a bit of a long straight climb... thats the only part about the trip I worry about... im a mechanic so no issues on fixing anything. Just would hate to blow a head gasket on the way to the valley lol. Still even if it takes all day it'll 've a good trip I cant wait

Yea I remembered the 15 bein a bit of a long straight climb... thats the only part about the trip I worry about... im a mechanic so no issues on fixing anything. Just would hate to blow a head gasket on the way to the valley lol. Still even if it takes all day it'll 've a good trip I cant wait

If you're running an automatic just drop down to second and set your speed at about 55 and you should be good to go. The 4.0 doesn't mind running at 4,500 RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej's xj

If you're running an automatic just drop down to second and set your speed at about 55 and you should be good to go. The 4.0 doesn't mind running at 4,500 RPM.

What's this "automatic" you speak of?

There's a climb on I-15? :cool: Sometimes, there are advantages to stroker motors.

In all reality, Geoff's advise of good (am I really saying this?) drop down a gear, relax and pull Cajon Pass nice an easy. It's really not that long a climb until you hit the summit.

David Bricker / SYR

Yea that's pretty much the plan so far. I think im taking off after work on Thursday to haul ass up there when its cooler, plus less traffic. ..

Headed up tomorrow after work. Should get there 2or3 in the am.... gonna be among night full of red bull and having full on conversations with my dog lol. Should be a great weekend of wheel in, campin and friends wish us luck!

Have a good trip. If you happen to stop by Panamint Springs, please say hi to everyone for me, and tell them I'll see them in a month!

By the way, Panamint Springs is a great place to grab a burger and a beer, and enjoy the view from the front porch. 14 beers on tap, 180 different varieties in bottles.

David Bricker / SYR - LAX

Re: Re: saline valley

Have a good trip. If you happen to stop by Panamint Springs, please say hi to everyone for me, and tell them I'll see them in a month!

By the way, Panamint Springs is a great place to grab a burger and a beer, and enjoy the view from the front porch. 14 beers on tap, 180 different varieties in bottles.

What's the place called in panamint? Will gladly stop by and say hey for a burger and beer haha.

What's the place called in panamint? Will gladly stop by and say hey for a burger and beer haha.

Panamint Springs Resort. It's pretty easy to find as it is literally the only place on highway 190 between Father Crawley Point and Towne Pass.

Panamint Springs Resort. It's pretty easy to find as it is literally the only place on highway 190 between Father Crawley Point and Towne Pass.

PSR is about 15 miles east of the Saline Valley Rd turn-off, on Highway 190. It's on the west slope of Panamint Valley.

Well all I can say is holy shit that was awesome!!! 800 miles from home there and back. We went out the 190 and just cut into the valley on the left side of the road. Came in the south pass of saline and went to lippincott mine for the night. Awesome road to get to the mine, kinda sketchy but what a fun trail! Stayed at the mine camp for the night but it was so windy we took off early in the morning. From there we headed back out the pass and I to the valley and took saline to thw hot springs for a few and checked everything out. From there we headed to the top of saline valley rd and stayed on cowhorn valley. Bitchin little campsite in the hills there at 7k ft. Stayed the night and took off in the morning out if the north side of the valley and into town. Fueled up from there and headed down to mt. Whitney and stayed the last night at the base of the mountain. Left in the morning and headed home.
What an awesome trip it was!
Unfortunately we didn't get to the racetrack or panamint springs as it was too windy but no problem. I cant wait to go back sometime soon.

Ill give you guys a few guesses as to the funniest part of the trip though. Happened at lippencott mine.

Back