• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saddle Up trail work

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok everyone, the time has come to start working on the new route for our adopted trail at TSF Saddle Up.

I just chatted with Jahmaal Rebb from ODF. I asked him when it would be good to set something up. He replied NOW. lol.

We need to set a date to start and he'll meet us there with the ODF mini excavator but says if we can get a medium one that would be even better. I asked what his availability was like memorial weekend and he said due to high traffic of the holiday he could only use the mini on Mon. but could come up sat & sun to give us direction but couldn't spend all day with us til Mon.

So what do you all think?

Let's here some dates.
Who's in?

I was thinking we could clear the blow down debris memorial weekend and go back up the following weekend for clearing the trail. OR . We could just go up next weekend and do it all.

What's the consensus?

I could come up Monday, since the wife has to work it would be easy for me. Chain saws is all we really need, no need for the jeep. My truck can easily make that section of trail. I will see if I can get my hands on a bigger excavator for a later date.

Well, I'll be up camping this weekend. And while my friends are wheeling I'll probably just go to saddle up. I can't really wheel much anyways.

Jon, let me know if you wanna camp out with us or just come up.

I think any major work should be the following weekend though. If anything this weekend we can just clean the fallen trees. Wink wink FIREWOOD wink wink.... (Jahmaal already said it was cool.) :thumbup:

So who wants to come up this weekend?

I will be at TSF this weekend as well, camping probably Friday-Saturday. However, the plan was to wheel...

I wouldn't be oppose to lending a hand for a bit if our path passes near by though.

I'd be willing to commit to a full day of work next Saturday too.

I'm camping this weekend too, (just not at TSF) But i'm taking mon-tues off.
Either of those days I could come up, but I would just as soon push this till next weekend, and have a larger crew that can dedicate more time to work.
And....as of right now, the following weekend, (June 1-2) is looking to be nice weather.

Re: Re: Saddle Up trail work

I'm camping this weekend too, (just not at TSF) But i'm taking mon-tues off.
Either of those days I could come up, but I would just as soon push this till next weekend, and have a larger crew that can dedicate more time to work.
And....as of right now, the following weekend, (June 1-2) is looking to be nice weather.

I agree

Sweet.
Lets set it in stone then.
Official First Work Party of 2013 on Saddle Up set for Saturday June 1st.
I'm excited!

Sounds like jun 1 would be best.

I'll send an email off to Jahmaal today.

I'll still be up at tsf this weekend. I'll probably get my firewood from saddle up.

Tell Jahmaal that if he/they can get work started on the entrance (at the very least the lead in to the are before the filter) that would be a big help.
Actually, since i'm sitting here in front of a computer, if you want me to, I'll send off the email to him now.

I will get my excavator lined up. I will see if its available on the first. Let me know if anything changes. My machine that I will bring is a 12k lb machine. Its a tb250 if it matters. I will confirm tomorrow.

Re: Re: Saddle Up trail work

I will get my excavator lined up. I will see if its available on the first. Let me know if anything changes. My machine that I will bring is a 12k lb machine. Its a tb250 if it matters. I will confirm tomorrow.

Ok great. Thx

we will be heading up friday to get a campsite at browns camp for the weekend. we will be working the poker run saturday and doing a club run sunday but would love to come up there and put in some time helping on the trail. let us know if there is anything we can bring to help out as far as hand tools or anything.

Back