• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saddle Up routing hike.

wow $.030 EACH? (does seem kinda spendy)
...you sure 25 will be enough for what we're gonna be doing?
I know the tape can cover a lot, but 25 flags doesnt seem like much.
I can swing over to home depot on lunch and grab some more if need be.
(what color did you get?)

wow $.030 EACH? (does seem kinda spendy)
...you sure 25 will be enough for what we're gonna be doing?
I know the tape can cover a lot, but 25 flags doesnt seem like much.
I can swing over to home depot on lunch and grab some more if need be.
(what color did you get?)

I got hi viz Orange flags and survey pink tape. Figured we'd use the flags as center line and tape as trail width markers. Thanks

Browns camp or Rogers staging area?

HEADS UP!

BEALL Stephanie A [email protected]

to undisclosed recipients

Hi Everyone,

The Devil’s Boot timber sale will shortly begin hauling out of Browns Camp through the campground and out Beaver Dam Road. Part of the sale includes telephone pole harvest so extremely long log loads will be leaving the forest.

In order to reduce the potential for conflict and accidents ODF has put some temporary traffic control policies into place. First, parking along Beaver Dam Road between Highway 6 and Browns Camp will be allowed weekends only. Additionally, a one-way traffic pattern has been set up for Beaver Dam and University Falls Roads, this one-way patter will be in effect until further notice.

Traffic Pattern:

· ALL incoming traffic on Beaver Dam Road drop right onto University Falls Road at the split then come up and back onto Beaver Dam Road at the intersection by the Beaver Dam Rock pit so traffic headed for Browns Camp will turn left and other traffic can turn right and continue up on Beaver Dam Road. Folks headed to Stagecoach drop onto University Falls Road and follow the signs as usual.

· Traffic exiting the forest on either U-Falls from Stagecoach Horse Camp or Beaver Dam will be routed so they leave via Beaver Dam Road.

· Map attached.
08272012_BeaverDamTrafficPatternMap.jpg

Detour signs will be posted by Wednesday afternoon. Please spread the word!

Thanks!

Stephanie A. Beall
Recreation Coordinator
Tillamook State Forest
801 Gales Creek Road
Forest Grove, OR 97116
http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/tillamookstateforest

You know I've sent her at least 5 emails reqesting she put me on her email list. Uuugggg.

Anyways... This should not effect us to much. Just follow the directions to get to browbs. Our exit for the day will be through archers.

@bronze, I won't be camping. It's just a day trip for me. As I am looking to get a new dd sun.

I really was planning to be there. But extended family issues have derailed my schedule.

OUT.

I'm there even if i have to hitchhike.
I can barely find my way around there when everything's open, let alone when there's closures.
So bare with me if i'm a tad bit late.

I'm there even if i have to hitchhike.
I can barely find my way around there when everything's open, let alone when there's closures.
So bare with me if i'm a tad bit late.

We can meet in north plains at mcdonalds for breakfast if you like. Say 730am

I might be able to do that. I'm going to be dropping the girl off at a friend's house on my way out of town. I'll see how much that ends up taking out of my schedule. Might be closer to 8 by the time i'm out that way.

I might be able to do that. I'm going to be dropping the girl off at a friend's house on my way out of town. I'll see how much that ends up taking out of my schedule. Might be closer to 8 by the time i'm out that way.

Ok let me know. Give me a call 3603568684

Had a great time. Thanks to Keith and josh for coming out and helping to rough route this trail into the hill side.

A trip report will be comming soon.

Back