• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sad news...

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
First off I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you were able to spend it with friends and family. We have many things to be thankful for; friends, family, a country of plenty.

Wednesday, Sonia, her mom and I were driving to Yosemite for the Thanksgiving Holiday. We were meeting my sister and her family, my brother and his family, and family friends. We had made it to Oakhurst when we got a call from my brother saying my mom had been taken to the hospital. The decision to turn around was made and we drove back to Whittier. My mom has fought heart disease and diabetes for the last 20+ years, she was a survivor of breast cancer. She was on a ventilator and heart machine and it was questionable if should would make it through the night. It was a rough night. I have a brother that lives in Washington and he couldn't get a flight down until Thanksgiving morning. We prayed that he would make it down prior to her passing.

She pulled through the night and the doctors were able to remove her ventilator. All her children and her grandchildren were able to spend time with her on Thanksgiving Day. She was showing signs of improving. We left the hospital last night with positive thoughts and hope.

This morning we got a call from my brother to get to the hospital. By the time we got there, my mom had passed.

This has been a rough year for Sonia and I. The friends and acquaintances we have made here at NAXJA have helped smooth out those rough spots.

Thanks
Stephan and Sonia

I am very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong.

Stephan,

I'm sorry to hear this.

You've got my number if you need to talk man.

-Opie

Sorry to hear this Stephan. I am glad your family got to spend yesterday with her.

Your family is in our prayers.

Very sorry for your loss Stephan and Sonia. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

It's great the whole family got to have that time together with her.
I'm sorry for your great loss and rough time this has brought.
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Back