• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sad day, thanks for the memories

highhilleer

NAXJA Forum User
My 19 yo totalled my 97 Cherokee last night. Fortunately no injuries. Shame, 97 model with only 53000 miles. I joined this group for advice before buying the car two years ago. I must say that you guys are great and the technical advice is super. Any idea what I should expect for salvage value? Drive train and interior are excellent. The B pillar on the driver's side is caved in roof is bowed and quarter panel is wrinkled, rear spring hanger is twisted.

Glad to hear no injuries, cash out on the insurance and go buy yourself another one, the last one proved itself.
Come back with new rig, enjoy NAXJA yet again.

It's always amazing when you hear of a car being totaled and no one was injured. Somebody up there likes you!

If you can, buy a decent replacement ('97 - '01) and buy yours back from the Insurance company for parts and swaps. There are a bunch of nice XJs out there and prices are certainly right if you take your time and shop around. I'm always amazed at the nice used trucks in WV and PA. Here in Michigan they spread way too much salt on the roads in winter for our cars to stand a chance of dying a comfortable death at an extreme old age unless you store them winters.

Best of luck!

Fish'nCarz said:
It's always amazing when you hear of a car being totaled and no one was injured. Somebody up there likes you!

Best of luck!

Amen - the suprising thing is no air bags deployed on either vehicle!
I'm sure the other vehicle is also totalled. All the front end energy absorbing stuff was smashed.

I should have mentioned - I still own the car, lost the collision insurance gamble. I do not have the space or time to part out the car, but I'll make a post in the classifieds to see if there is any interest.

Make a trail rig out of it? I know how you feel though, Ive got a 19 year old that tore his first car up! Poor Exploder, it took a beating! He's got his own 00' XJ now cause he aint drivin' anything I own!! At least he has grown up a little and really cares about the XJ, maybe it will last more than a year?

Back