• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ryan's Off Road bumpers

Picture694.jpg

If I remember I needed to purchase two bolts for the passenger side. Six bolts per side. The photo is of the drivers side. Let the debates begin again.

Ahhh, That's better. I have seen those before. I almost bought one of those back in the day before I realized it was a piece of 2x4 with a hoop and some tabs welded on. That's about...um... 75 bucks worth of steel.

I'm just not a fan. THo, I'm sure they'll work for someone.

Yes, I got them off eBay, they were going for anywhere between $500 to $150 for a set. If I remember I had to go out and buy a few extra grade 8 bolts, I will check for sure when I get home, if it's not raining and I feel like it. I might even take a picture. Also, I am a cheapskate, I can barely justify paying the $100 for 6 months of insurance on the pile. I drive maybe once a month lately and have only really wheeled twice this year. I will say when I did have the time and money to go out every weekend I paid no pity to the bumpers and they gave no guff in return. If I were to say I paid $500 a bumper for these and they are the most awesome, rock bashing, brick wall smashing things you could ever bolt on to your XJ that would be all it takes for some people. I gave an honest review of what $254 got me and they do what a bumper does. Maybe i got ripped off and these things are total garbage, I don't know I've never had another aftermarket unit and probably won't.

Ok, the seller messaged me back on ebay and said,

"The bumper bolts up to the stock mounts. Sam no longer makes the xj bumpers with the frame tie ins."

Back