• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's "HD" tracbar end snapped

99greenjeeper said:
please don't let this become another thread about peoples opinions of Rustys parts!

Ordinarily, I'd probably completly agree with you, but we are talking safety here. A good number of the "my rusty's track bar broke" stories you here go something like "My rusty's track bar broke at 70 on the highway and i flying off the highway out of control when my axle slid four inches to the left".

I dont care if someone wants to run shoddy gear on the trail. The likelyhood his breaking is going to affect me beyond the time required to help repair is minimal. It's the people around in traffic when those parts go that scare me shitless over this particular peice of equipment.

Have a tracbar break on the highway is something I've never heard of before, especially with Rusty's parts. Besides, running without a tracbar on the highway is doable, you just can't turn. I had a friend with the same problem as me drive home for 2 hours with no tracbar and he made it home safely.

xjj33p3r said:
Have a tracbar break on the highway is something I've never heard of before, especially with Rusty's parts. Besides, running without a tracbar on the highway is doable, you just can't turn. I had a friend with the same problem as me drive home for 2 hours with no tracbar and he made it home safely.

Your not having heard of it does not stop it from happening. One of the SoCalXJ (2wdmatt) guys had his rusty's trackbar break on the highway and it sent him off the road into a field at high speed, nearly killing him.

Your friend had the same problem as you .. yet, you still feel this is a good product? If the trackbar were an option, believe me, it would not be there. That product is just -not safe-.

the threads on the trackbar (inside the tube) are 11/16" x 18 which is why the TRE fit...

i have yet to find a better replacement than drilling out the tube and tapping it for 3/4" standard fine thread and running a RE bracket with an RE joint...

When i did my 44 swap, i had the RRO light duty adjustable trackbar with the TRE (a re-labled rusty's product) and planed on upgrading to a TNT frame mount and drilling the tracbar tube to 3/4" fine and running an RE joint, but ran out of cash and time, so just cut the tube down and paid out the ass at the local machine shop for an 11/16" x 18 tap.

11/16" x 16 is standard fine thread, and 11/16" x 18 is TRE and aparently trachkbar threads...

just an FYI..

i still plan on running a TNT customs frame mount with a RE large joint, but lack funding to put that together right now.

I have no issues with the bar part of the trackbar, and will run it till i break it, but i dont like my TRE, and i dont like Rusty's frame bracket, and i dont like the poly bushing...

this is my expierence thus far...

oh - and Rusty's changed their TRE from the one that i used when i bought their bar from a Moog ES140R.

rustysoffroad.com said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica][size=-1]We used to use the MOOG# ES140R and ES2223R but have recently started using the Jeep Replacement part# 52005740 off a TJ.

i dont know if that TRE is a better part with more angle or what, but i am sick of changineg TRE's...
[/size][/font]

the rustys hd one doesnt come with a tie rod end

So the fact that the broken part gets replaced with a smile is all it takes to make people recommend it? Nobody noticed that the part BROKE in the first place?

The funny part about this is that certain Chinese-made gears (Genuine, etc) have lifetime warranties so when it breaks you can replace them with no questions asked...yet many NAXJA members won't recommend those - what's the difference? (Hint: In my book, there is none...they're both craptastic)

Sure customer service goes a long way, but quality fabrication in the first place would eliminate the need to service broken parts.

'Rustys HD' is an oxymoron...

Ramsey said:
the rustys hd one doesnt come with a tie rod end

um

yeah - i know...

the rusty's standard duty trackbar comes with a TRE

the HD unit comes with the poly bushing

that is the only difference in the wto bars.

i was saying my expierence with the RRO bar (re-boxed Rusty's bar) and the ends that i have found to put in there, in place of the poly bushing, and relating that there is nothing that will work without drilling and taping to a larger size first...

::shrug::

it pains me to say this cause i am a fan of rusty's but i lifted my xj month and a half ago two weeks after i had it done i noticed a horrible bang on the street i figured that i would rock the body cause the noise would happen when you turn the wheels fast back and forth well my brand new track bar is flexing in the center this cant be safe or good off road or on so soon as i have the money its out of there im not giving it another chance my kids safty comes first and yes i thought about the hd end not gonna do it while yes the lift works beyond what i thought it would do i dont wanna die

xjfreak95 said:
it pains me to say this cause i am a fan of rusty's but i lifted my xj month and a half ago two weeks after i had it done i noticed a horrible bang on the street i figured that i would rock the body cause the noise would happen when you turn the wheels fast back and forth well my brand new track bar is flexing in the center this cant be safe or good off road or on so soon as i have the money its out of there im not giving it another chance my kids safty comes first and yes i thought about the hd end not gonna do it while yes the lift works beyond what i thought it would do i dont wanna die

holy run on scentences bat man!

XJ_ranger said:
holy run on scentences bat man!

Haha. For some reason all I could think when i read that was "Holy rusted metal batman!" .. "what?" .. "the metal, its rusty and full of holes.."

I nearly choked brocolli cheese soup out my nose.

sexy

xjj33p3r said:
It has happened to someone I know and it was not a fun experience

worry no more

040209_tampon.jpg

Back