• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys 8.5 - 9 inch coils

Seriously though, if you want to go that high you will end up spending more on the front end of your rig, to make it work right, then you spent buying the Jeep itself.

Hmmm... I've heard that somewhere before...:read:

Another thing to think about that I failed to remember before... being a daily driver, passing inspection is going to be an issue being that high... most states have a bumper height law, meaning the bottom of the front and rear bumpers have to be less than X number of inches from the ground. With 11 inches of lift and 36 inch tires your bumper might as well be a high dive.

AKswampheep said:
well to all you people that are saying, nice seeing you flipped on the highway etc, the people that drive like retards will end up like this, i on the other hand drive sane on the road, im 17 and you guys think im a retard for doing this? ok well when you see me drivin down the road you wont think so, so id really appreciate the stop of the ghey comments, but anyways, im only plannin on running 36's.. and i have 4.88 gears so i mean gas wont be too big of a problem, i just wanted to know much much lift im going to net for the purpose of looks, i wanted the front about an inch or inch and a half higher than the rear.. it was just a question and not an insult so i dont deserve an insult in return

so what axles are you running?4.88s and 36s don't equal good gas milage .i run 36's with 5.13 and i can tell you gas will be a problem.

im running 9.5'' of rustys lift on longarms.3'' drop pitman, no swaybars, drop tracbar, OTK, 36 swampers, 4.88's-rides like a dream, i can do 80 on the I-state easy, with no handling problems whatsoever. on real windy days i need to slow to about 70, bc of course its top heavy. this is my experiance with my xj running those springs, im not telling anybody this is how they should set up their own rig. see you on the trails
edit: dana 44 chromoly , dana30-chromolly,warnhubs -gas is not a problem at all, i have an ax15. an aw4 is probably different

Last edited:
Back