• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty floorpan

For what it's worth, if it were my XJ (which is getting to the point where rockers will need to be replaced, not sure how those floorpans are), I would definately go with those new stampings for mine.

40a8d64433e806805d164593630f8766.jpg
just going to cut out what I can then put the new floorpans in

Don't use the spray foam it will trap water. You should really get a tube of automotive seam sealer from a good shop. If you have a Car-Quest nearby they usually have good paint and body supplies. Worst case get some roof sealant, something that will dry up waterproof and rigid but still flexible

Don't use the spray foam it will trap water. You should really get a tube of automotive seam sealer from a good shop. If you have a Car-Quest nearby they usually have good paint and body supplies. Worst case get some roof sealant, something that will dry up waterproof and rigid but still flexible

x100 this.

some good ol fashioned roof tar will get it done on the cheap, but don'e use it inside because it stinks in the heat.

the spray foams are are poly based, they cure by attracting moisture.

floorpans look good. Better than I would have done with a welder and sheetmetal.

Just use fiberglass "gel' (not longstrand) gel,with fiberglass cloth.for rockers.Layer the gel on apiece of plastic lay on the cloth then gel(like a sandwich)Make sure it's an inch wider than the hole,push in place.Use smallish strips from back to front.Sand (palmsander) then finish bondo sand.prime,paint,clear.For floors put gel mix around perimeter of hole cut an old street sign to fit (thick) one way,no parking.Those fit with no cutting.Lay in place, put gel around edge to seal.Gel dries hard as steal and is waterproof,It will never rust again. Try it .

Already used new floorpans but for the rockers I might just try it. But now it looks like I have a headgasket to replace

you own a welder.

just cut the nasty rockers out and replace with 2x6 box tube.

easier, and will last longer/better than fiberglass. Solves rocker protection if you wheel too.

you own a welder.

just cut the nasty rockers out and replace with 2x6 box tube.

easier, and will last longer/better than fiberglass. Solves rocker protection if you wheel too.
So how would I do this any pics at all. I did see another guy that had square stock as rockers it looked pretty tough just wondered how it was welded in

I actually found a pretty good write up thank you I just have to decide if I'm going to connect it to the sub frame for stiffness and how I'm going to do it.

Back