• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusties good or bad

Ya made that decision at the beginning of the discussion since i was sceptical to begin with.

But now im all confused on 4wp and RE. i always figured RE was really good. same with bilstine:dunno:

I never really dealt with rustys but had a kinda funny event take place at 4wp in Denver. I went in with a 20% off coupon to buy an sye. So the douche at the counter(I believe his name was Seth) told me he could give me the 20 % if I wanted to or he could hook me up and just give me 30 bucks off the retail price. Hmmm. Take the 30 bucks off or the 60 that the coupon would get me. I quickly realized that they figure their common customer isn't too intelligent and have no gripes about trying to rip em off. Ill pass on dealing with them again.

I never really dealt with rustys but had a kinda funny event take place at 4wp in Denver. I went in with a 20% off coupon to buy an sye. So the douche at the counter(I believe his name was Seth) told me he could give me the 20 % if I wanted to or he could hook me up and just give me 30 bucks off the retail price. Hmmm. Take the 30 bucks off or the 60 that the coupon would get me. I quickly realized that they figure their common customer isn't too intelligent and have no gripes about trying to rip em off. Ill pass on dealing with them again.

:explosion 3....2.....1....

I put a Rusty's 3" lift on mine almost three years and 30k miles ago. No issues, fit was right. Happy with the ride even though I bought the heavier rate coils and changed my mind about adding a winch and bumper. I'm not one of the "hardcore macho wheeler dude" crowd, but I do push it when I'm off the road. I should add that I put on a set of shackle relocators because the springs would hit the box on occassion, but I haul a lot of stuff with me too. (Ready for the zombie apoclypse and all) Oh, and I do need longer rear bumpstops still, but that's my fault, not Rusty's.

I don't mind being the Underdog and supporting Rusty's. He could use a few lessons in phone courtesy though....

I like my Rustys coils and Bilstein shocks..

I'm in the market for a lift for my new Project rig.. and I can Assure you, I wont be running anything Rubicon express....

/My Opinion

If you're looking for the least disputed name when it comes to quality go with Clayton's ...I never did see the hype with RE I had their full superflex kit on my old ZJ in 2001 it was not bad ,but it was no better than anything else ...I rolled the XJ Yesterday night messing around on cleveland Rock and got off line ,and I don't use a strap B/C in my mind it's like bench pressing with a spotters hands on the bar, Sowhen my rear pass dropped into a 2ft deep hole while vertical I went right over , and nothing bent on the Claytons stuff I drove 150 miles home like it never happened ...I'm caged inner/EXO ...lol...obviously without that everyone would know it happened driving a wadded up can across I-70

Im not sure wether i should:roflmao: or:yelclap:eek:r:eek:
In anycase thats good that you and your rig are ok.

Ill make sure to check it out. Im not trying to find one brand to get and then never look at anything else. As long as it rides decent, is durable, and functions well off-road i dont care what name is on it.

I have Rusty's coils rear leafs track bar steering linkage track bar brace steering box brace.I have had to replace the track bushing and leaf spring bushings. I attribute this to normal wear and tear. I am running tera flex long lower arm kit which I converted into a radius arm set. I've had to replace the bushing in the tera flex arms also. I'm happy with my stuff. I have seen all sorts of bashing of Rusty's parts. Other than normal bushing wear they have worked well for me. Yes I would buy from them again

I run with a Rusty's Long arm, I drive my jeep as if the trails were in the BaJa. Bushings wore out prematurely so I had to change them, with a call in to Rusty, he sent the updated bushings they updated lifts with no charge. Other than that I push the limits for flex and speed over the trail and nothing is broken yet. Springs are little soft though.
Get Bilstein shocks for sure....

I think anyone posting on either side.of.argument should have to post 3 pics - no more no less - of their rig and their wheeling to show everyone what they are talking about and not just be web wheelers .

Well many a person can attest to my past setup here :D

- Rock Krawler Coils
- Rustys Long Arms
- Rustys Leafs
- Bilstein shocks F&R
- Rubicon Express Track Bar & Bracket
- JKS Over Axle Track Bar Bracket

As you can see...I never really held stock in one brand. I built my setup with different brands and I LOVED my setup.

Here's a few pics for reference:
IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

n19226187_36726281_3384-1.jpg

:D

Back