• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running Revolvers with Long Arms

s1.jpg

Would it be a bad idea to just bolt two stock shackles together to achieve "scissor shackles"? I have extra shackles laying all over and thats all those look like. I could weld that stop bar in no problem. I think I will try and make a set tommarow (too bad my jeep doesn't have a motor.)

Those are modified stock shackles,there off my original lift(s).You just need upper and lower stops.In these early pics I used UHMW for the stops(to hard).I ended up switching over to urethane(87),now almost to soft would consider 93!

I didn't even notice the urethane stop! Do the shackles have to be the same lenght in order to work? I have mj shackles under the xj but I have a two sets of stockers laying around, can I use the xj shackle on the bottom or should I grab two more mj shackles at the Pull and Save?

Back